PDA

View Full Version : Places to see Fleurville or Loom bags around Chicago

Saartje
05-14-2004, 09:27 AM
I'm sorry if this question has been answered, but I can't find any relevant threads on a search. I'm new to the area, so I don't know where to look for this kind of thing.

I'd been planning to get a fairly cheap bag to use as a diaper bag, and may still do that; but all the raves here about these bags have convinced me to at least consider them! (DH agrees, FWIW -- said if I want "the Cadillac of diaper bags" to go for it. Had to laugh. A major reason I'm considering one of these bags is so that he could carry his things in one bag with the baby's things; any tips on what bag might be most appropriate for carrying a laptop with baby things?)

Sorry if my subject has wandered in this post. I'm a bit preoccupied at this point...

candybomiller
05-14-2004, 01:21 PM
No info about Chicago, but I hope you have that baby soon! Good luck! :)

robmab719
05-14-2004, 01:28 PM
There's a store locator on the Fleurville site:
http://www.fleurville.com/where_to_buy.asp

And on the Loom site, it's:
http://www.loomlife.com/wheretobuy.htm

The inside back pocket of the Mothership might accomodate a laptop, but it doesn't have great padding, so I wouldn't put mine in there without a protective sleeve of some sort. (Also, I'd worry about DD's bottles leaking and frying my laptop!)

You might also want to consider a T2. They make laptop bags that might work for both laptops and baby things. www.timbuk2.com

wagner36
05-14-2004, 03:58 PM
The children's store LMNOP on Lincoln Avenue carries the Loom Marsupials....

Saartje
05-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Thanks! I must be pregnant-brained; I didn't even think of checking for store locators on the companies' web sites. (Usually, that would be my first thought.)

Found a store listed on both sites that's very close by -- across the street from one of DH's and my favorite lunch spots, so we went for lunch and looked at the bags just now. I like them both, but DH vastly prefers the Alpha 7, so if we get one I believe that will be the one to get.