PDA

View Full Version : Messenger style bag for Dads?

bambipetals
05-14-2004, 03:18 PM
So, DH originally said that he would use whatever bag that I wanted. I showed him the Marsupial and the Alpha...now he say's he thinks he wants his own that is messenger style. LOL.

Any suggestions of where to begin? I already know about the Skip Hop... are there any others?

Thanks, I appreciate all your help. You all have been a wealth of information for our first baby.

Stephanie
EDD 6/2/04

Twin Mom
05-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Many people like the Timbuk2 messenger bags. They aren't actually diaper bags, but they seem to work well. You can probably do a search and find some threads that relate to the Timbuk2 bags. They come in multiple sizes but most people either use the Medium or Small. They also have a smaller bag called the Metro. The website is www.timbuk2.com if you want to check them out. You can also custom design a bag there too. There are threads discussing the customization as well.

I don't actually have one but did order one recently and am waiting to receive it so unfortunately I can't give you any actual experience with the bag.

Good luck.
Aileen

murpheyblue
05-14-2004, 03:46 PM
DH is a SAHD so he carries a bag a lot. He loves his Timbuk2's which he had before DD was born. I also received the following bag as a shower gift and have used it as our main bag since DH doesn't mind carrying it.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006JZHD/qid=1084561518/sr=1-3/ref=pd_ka_3/103-5911501-4970214?v=glance&s=baby

It's not flashy but it's been a great, practical, unisex bag. Lots of pockets and room.

Ali
Mom to Megan 9-28-03

bambipetals
05-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Thank you both!

I showed DH the site...and he has already designed his bag! So, he has his...and now all I have to do is make up my mind about Loom or Fleurville. Hehehe.