PDA

View Full Version : Sally Spicer backpack?

slfc25
05-15-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm looking for some opinions of the Sally Spicer backpack. I've never seen one in person, but they look great from what I've seen on-line. I'm hoping that someone who has one or has seen one can provide some insight? Is it a good size, nice looking bag, etc. Also,I love the look of the Spring fabric on-line - has anyone seen in person?

Thanks!

MichelleRC
05-16-2004, 10:36 AM
In my recent, obsessive quest for a cute, practical backpack, I think the SS has become a top contender. The dimensions seems bigger than most of the other backpack style bags and there are lots of fabric choices. Strollandgo.com has free shipping and decent prices. I have never ordered from them though.
I am also intrigued by the Timi and Leslie backpack the Chester, and the Vera Bradley Microfiber one but think that may be too small.
Decisions decisions.
If anyone has the SS, I would love to see pics!

Michelle
DS#1 18 months
DS#2 due in September

MichelleRC
05-17-2004, 11:34 AM
I just ordered the SS backpack in the wine colored dragonfly print from Strollandgo.com on sale for $99.95 shipped. They had other prints for $115, which is still cheaper than anywhere else. It was one of their in-stock patterns. Will post review when I get it.
I amy still order a timi and leslie backpack to compare because I like the cleanability of the vinyl coating.
BTW, If anyone is interested, I put my barely used One Step Ahead backpack on ebay (after no response on the yahoo bag swap). My seller name is maestro261.

Michelle
DS#1 18 months
DS#2 due in Septemebr

slfc25
05-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Congratulations - I can't wait to hear what you think of it. I'm still debating ordering mine, I think I'll check out strollandgo.com tonight.

Stacey

emmiem
05-18-2004, 09:07 AM
I ordered the Sally Spicer North Beach backpack and returned it the next day. It has really no organization inside. It is big and I felt everything would get just dumped in. The fabric was slightly wrinkled. The vendor said it was supposed to be that way but it was not ok with me. It looked liked when you glue fabric on and it is bumpy. The stitching was undone in places. Not worth the price.
Michele

slfc25
05-18-2004, 10:58 AM
Wow, I'm so surprised by that, but that is why I posted here so that I could get some honest feedback. Thanks for posting. Does anyone else have any opinions on the Sally Spicer backpacks?