PDA

View Full Version : Babybaks backpack

Twin Mom
05-15-2004, 11:15 PM
I don't have personal experience regarding this bag, but I have seen it advertised in the back of Twins Magazine and have always been curious. I don't know if anyone outside of those with multiples have even heard of this bag so I wanted to pass the info along in case it might work for someone.

The company states the bag was designed for multiples but of course works for those with 2 (or 3) close in age. They have 2 different bags - a twins bag and a triplet bag. The website if you want to check them out is www.babybaks.com but here are the stats on the twins bag:

-Main compartment has two areas, one for each child
-Insulated bottle pockets holds up to 4 bottles or 2 sipper cups
-Fold out changing station with extra large pad
-Compartment for extra diapers
-Parents pocket just for you!
-Cell phone pocket
-Back pack style for hands free use
-2 clips for keys or pacifiers
-Dual zippers for easy access to main compartment
-Extra padded shoulder straps unsnap to fit any stroller handle

The twins bag is $79.95 + shipping, triplet bag is $10 more. Bags have a lifetime guarantee. (For those with one child, they do have a single bag as well for $69.95.)

If anyone does order one, please post your thoughts. I've always been curious about this bag, but don't need anything this big any longer. I would like to give feedback to the other moms of multiples I know if the bag turns out to be a winner.

Thanks.
Aileen

jasabo
05-16-2004, 02:07 PM
I have one. It was our first diaper bag, back when I carried everything I could every possibly need, and then some....I had a big Ziploc baggie filled with every med you could think of, thermometer, probe covers, vaseline, syrup of ipecac, etc, etc....I laugh when I think about it now. I was like a walking pharmacy! I also had a Ziploc full of "emergency formula" and 2 water bottles and 4 changes of clothes....we could have survived for a week in the desert with everything I packed in that thing :)

Anyway, I just say this to illustrate that it's a large bag. IMO, too big for daily errands, hence my current diaper bag obsession. I now keep the fully stocked babybaks backpack in the car, and use other bags to run around with. The babybaks would be good though, if you were going to be away from your car for a full day (zoo, Disney World, etc.) It's very comfortable to carry. There is a definite black whole effect though, but I think that's to be expected with a big backpack.

I think it's a really good backpack for the price and for someone with more then one child. Baby sherpa is great too. I've seen those IRL and they're very nice. About the same size as Babybaks, but a little more organization, I think.

Lisa - mom to 11 month old twin boys

MamaKath
05-16-2004, 06:09 PM
It is actually very similar to the Onestepahead diaper backpack, and another one that was recently posted (for like 30$). I don't have twins, but have 2 kids and am a chronic overpacker, especially now that we live in the boonies and short outings can end up being all day! I have had very good luck with Ameribag products (both the Baby Bag and the tote) as well as Land's End products.

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?itemID=392&itemType=PRODUCT&lGen=detail&iMainCat=117&iSubCat=27211&iProductID=392&change=117 (Onestepahead.com version)
http://www.action-direct.com/89.htm (the Onestepahead look alike posted last week)

www.ameribag.com
www.landsend.com

HTH~

Ami
05-27-2004, 01:15 AM
One of my friend with Triplets had one but purchased the Baby Sherpa and prefers it also. She figures it is better organized and the built in cooler works really well.

Ami