PDA

View Full Version : SkipHop vs Timbuk 2?

bubbaray
05-17-2004, 12:12 AM
Any thoughts on the SkipHop vs the Timbuk2 Pee Wee or the T2 MetroMini? I have a Pliko stroller that I like to hang my (grossly overstuffed) LE Little Tripper from, but I'm looking for a messenger style bag that holds a bit more stuff. DD is 5 weeks and I need more room! :) She is currently EBF'g and won't take a bottle of any sort, so bottle room isn't a huge issue for me. Also, we are using disposable diapers, not cloth.

Currently I carry in my LE LT:

Main compartment:
4 size 1 Pampers
small package of wipes
small package of Wet Ones for me
2 breast pads
small tin of diaper cream
soother
baby hairbrush
baby sweater & socks
cellphone
small package of kleenex

Back pocket:
changepad
my (paper) calendar

side bottle pocket:
my sunglasses

Front zipper pocket:
gum
sanitary pads
haircomb
lipstick
lipbalm
wallet
keys

I will soon need to start carrying toys and larger size diapers. I won't be going back to work for a year, so this won't be my daycare bag (will be using a Similac bag for that).

Thanks for your thoughts!

Melissa
Maya -- April 11, 2004

lmariana
05-17-2004, 08:46 AM
Melissa,

I haven't owned a Timbuk2, but I do have a Skip Hop that I love. It will easily fit everything you currently carry with room to grow. Since you are EBF, I think it will work wonderfully, since bottles are not an issue.

The SH's organization is great too. There are two large zippered pockets. One I use for my stuff and one for the smaller baby stuff that usually gets thrown around. Inside, there are two large pockets where I keep the diapers and wipes. Then on the outside, there are two more large pockets with velcro, which I find to be a good place for my wallet. The changing pad hangs out in the back pocket, and then you have a cell and bottle pocket for yourself.

Besides the obvious stroller use, I also use the SKip Hop while grocery shopping. I attach it to the shopping cart so my hands are free and the cart space is still available. Our Super Target has a Starbucks inside, so I get a small drink and put it in the bottle pocket of the SH, and it's like having a cup holder. :) Very fun!

Hope this helps!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

jamierush
05-17-2004, 01:11 PM
I got a T2 Metro mini and love it, but I have a one year old so we don't carry as much as i did in the begining.

Here are some links that helped me make my choice.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=2771&mesg_id=&page=&mode=full#2820

there is another post somewhere that someone posted pics of the T2 mini and the lands End bag.