PDA

View Full Version : Shopping cart cover that folds into its own neat pack

miki
05-17-2004, 09:11 AM
I have a Floppy Seat that we got as a gift (and which I scoffed at back then but now I realize I'm quite the germ-o-phobe when it comes to my baby) but it's just really bulky. Lots of the shopping cart seats where we go just aren't that big. Plus I find it cumbersome for me to take it with me while carrying a baby in one arm.

Is there a cart cover that is more compact and is made to fold up into a neat package without an extra bag being necessary?

lmariana
05-17-2004, 09:43 AM
I too had a Floppy Seat and found it too bulky. I ordered a www.covers4kids.com cover and love it. It folds into it's own little tote bag and had less padding than the Floppy, so it's much more compact. You can even pick out your own fabrics, pretty fun. :)

Hope this helps!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

robmab719
05-17-2004, 10:41 AM
I just ordered a cover from Sew Cute Boutique that folds up into itself and you can use the seat belt as a carrying handle, so no extra bag necessary. They've gotten rave reviews on this board (do a search for SewCuteBoutique or Sew Cute Boutique) and Cathy is really easy to work with. She's willing to use almost any fabric you want. (I'm having some shipped directly to her to use on our cover.) Plus, they are very reasonably priced!

www.sewcuteboutique.com

jasabo
05-17-2004, 12:41 PM
I have a covers4kids seatcover too, and it's worked really well for us. I wouldn't exactly call it "compact" but it's very well padded, comfortable for the kids, easy to fold into itself to create the bag, and very well made. We've been very happy with it.

Lisa - mom to 11 month old twin boys

Eloise36
05-18-2004, 09:29 AM
I could be wrong but I think sewinguptreasures on Ebay has the most compact/least bulky cover. I bought my shopping cart cover from her and really like it. Here's a link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1261&item=2386021560&tc=photo

etwahl
05-18-2004, 10:07 AM
i have a big bulky buggybag (which i love) but wanted something more compact so i bought this one. we've used it once and that's it. the problem is the buckle isn't attached and i think it got left at the restaurant when we used it. so we haven't been able to remember to buy another buckle and haven't used it since. we've since learned how to use the buggybag better in our high chairs so it's not so bulky, so for me, it wasn't a good purchase, but that's just us.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

sarahfran
05-18-2004, 09:38 PM
I bought one from the same ebay seller (she also goes by jadepenni). I love it. Frankly--I can't imagine why you need all that padding. It's not like the kids will be spending hours in the cart. I definitely value the packability of the sewinguptreasures cover. They're really well made, too! AND only $20!

Just be sure to ask what color the backside will be--I loved the top fabric, but the underside on mine is bright orange (not the blue pictured when I bought it on ebay). It's a bit LOUD but other than that, I'm a happy customer!

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)