PDA

View Full Version : Timbuk2 Shortcut on clearance for $39.93- anyone have this?

robmab719
05-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Anyone have this?

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8001&catalogId=40000008001&productId=47804997&parent_category_rn=22000199

The dimensions sound good, but I'm not sure how functional it would be as a diaper bag? Great deal though!

jamierush
05-17-2004, 01:03 PM
It is the same size and style as the Metro Mini that T2 sells on their website.

I LOVE this bag!! It works great for us. I am actually thinking about getting the red one for winter. I have a lime green and silver for the summer.

Twin Mom
05-17-2004, 10:04 PM
This was posted a week or so ago and I ordered one, but haven't received it yet since I had it shipped to the store to get free shipping so it takes a bit longer. I understand that the Metro replaced this bag but it I think this bag is a couple of inches bigger in one dimension but I can't remember which way.

I went to gearguys.com to see if this was a good price and they are selling this bag for $55.99. For some reason this bag was originally $70 while the Metro is $50. Gearguys also said you can wear it as a waistpack (not sure how big it would be though.)

Since I didn't like any of the color combos for the Metro and I didn't want a solid color I ordered the black/gray one. I couldn't decide whether I wanted the Pee Wee or the Metro since I'm not sure which size will work but I figured I could always return it to the store (or just not take it with me!!) if I thought it was too small which is easier than ordering online and shipping it back.

Aileen

Andrea5flk
05-17-2004, 11:33 PM
Hi how much can you fit in it? I was thinking abotu ordering it in the red and silver it would match my metallica P3.

Thanks
Andrea

Mommy to Jeremy 11/19/01 and Frankie 5/30/03

myllam
05-18-2004, 07:36 PM
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/product.asp?base_no=82494

They have it in light blue/grey or black...

They also have some other timbuk2 messenger styles as well.

Mikesa3
05-18-2004, 08:18 PM
This looks great.Does anyone have this one? Is this the same size as the metro?
Thanks
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

Andrea5flk
05-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Did anyone get there's yet?? I am tempted to order it, but want to wait and hear a review. I want to see how much it holds, before I get one.

Thanks

Twin Mom
05-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Well I picked it up today and I have to say it is much smaller then I expected. I don't know why I'm surprised when I did see the measurements but I guess I'm one of those people who can't really visualize from measurements.

I'm not sure how well it will work for me but I don't think I can decide that without trying to put all of my stuff in it. It just seems a lot smaller than my Combi US which I don't really consider to be that big. My twins are 19 months and I don't think I really carry all that much so if you carry a lot, you will probably be better off with the small size.

My parents are visiting right now so I don't have time to try to pack it and try it out but I will try to post more info after they leave on Sunday.

Aileen