PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop for a P3

kseltmann
05-18-2004, 02:03 PM
I just got my P3 in Synergy and I have heard that a lot of you like the skip hop for it. I am looking for your help with these questions:
Is it your "full-time" diaper bag?
Can you fit enough stuff in it that it could be?
What is the fabric like?
Any idea what color would look best with the Synergy pattern? I really would like the light pink, but I have to think of my stroller, too.
Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

rrosen
05-18-2004, 02:49 PM
I just got my light pink skiphop yesterday. I am therefore not speaking from long-term experience but, I love this bag. I have the P3 in chesapeak. I did not want another navy bag (my other bag is a Vera Bradley bag that is a navy pattern) so, I got the pink. I think they look great together even though it does not officially "match".
I fit quite a bit in this bag.

-2 diapers
-huggies travel wipe case
-burp cloth
-change of clothes for dd
-sunscreen
-avent bottle
-bib
-2 single serve tubes of formula
-a couple of shout pads
-a few wet wipes
-2 toys
-pacifier
-box of raisins
-small plastic container of cherios
-changing pad
-plastic bag (for wet clothes)
-cell phone
-my wallet
-pack of gum
-lip gloss

The only thing that I don't really think I could fit in is a small cooler bag that I sometimes carry food in (ie yogurt) for dd.
I have already gotten 2 compliments from strangers about this bag especially the nice bright color.

I think you would be very happy with this bag. I do think I will continue to use my bigger bag for longer trips from home. Like on days when I am going to have to feed dd more than one meal away from home. And my other bag has plenty of room to fit dd's jacket, sweater or a blanket if I need that too.

HTH

Emmas Mom
05-18-2004, 03:11 PM
Kathryn, I think the light pink would match the Synergy. Isn't it a light bluish/greyish color?? Plus since you have a girl, that would be cute! :) If not I think the storm color would match too.

Question, does anyone know if the Skip Hop is similar in size to the LE Updated Little Tripper??

missliss55
05-18-2004, 05:10 PM
I have a P3 in Synergy and I have a red skip hop that I adore. I think it looks fine together plus I just love the red. This has been my primary bag and I have 2 friends that are going to buy a Skip Hop b/c they love mine so much. HTH.

blnony
05-18-2004, 05:30 PM
I don't use my Skip Hop as a full time diaper bag. It stays in my car and I just clip it on my stroller.
I guess it could be; but I think there are better full time bags out there. But I have a toddler; not two babies or even a newborn which would be different too. :)
The fabric is more canvas like - just like my Land's Ends bags.
I have a Metallica P3 and a teal zooper rhumba and so I went with the Charcoal. It matches both wonderfully. Its a dark grey; almost black, but not quite.

lmintzer
05-21-2004, 11:27 AM
I also have a P3 in Synergy. Does the Skip Hop in red match the red piping on the stroller?

What do you think about the "stormy" color? That's the one I think looks like the best match. Although the red would be more fun and bright.

kseltmann
05-21-2004, 02:51 PM
I have to tell you, I didn't wait long enough to find out. I wanted one ASAP and didn't want to order online. I called all of the local retailers that carried it and asked what colors they had. I went to the store that had a pink one and ended up getting it because it was bright and fun. (its the darker pink, I loved the lighter pink but it seems like it would be filthy every day.)
So, to wrap up, it doesn't match my stroller at all and I think I am ok with that. It is a bright fun bag. I am planning a trip to BBB this weekend. They have the storm color. I will take a look and see if they match. (the store I went to had red, black, orange and light blue.)
HTH,

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

missliss55
05-21-2004, 04:46 PM
If I remember (I will check later) the red on the pipping is more like a burgandy. I haven't seen the storm one IRL but it looks like it might match. Another color would probably have matched better than my red one but I just love it in red. I am tempted to get it in another color too, but I think my DH might kill me. :)