PDA

View Full Version : My review of the Kecci Asian Style diaper bag

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
05-18-2004, 04:26 PM
This is a great bag! It's a little larger than I expected, about 13"x12"x5". Has backpack straps in a zipper pocket in the back, so they can be hidden when not in use. Has a detachable messenger/shoulder bag strap. 2 outside bottle pockets, 2 interior bottle pockets. 3 nice-sized slip pockets on the inside. Nice magnetic closure on the flap. Changing pad is nicely padded, and a good size, but doesn't fit into the outside (backpack strap) pocket, so I don't think I'll use it. I'll put my LT changing pad there instead. The interior lining seems to be waterproof, which is nice. And it's a pretty green color, the same as the piping on the outside of the bag. I'll probably use this bag mostly backpack style.

Inside I have -
1) burp cloth
1) face cloth
3) size 3 diapers in the slip pocket
1) my wallet
1) disposable package of wipes
1) small can of Tree top apple juice
1) small tupperware of cheerios
plus a water bottle on the outside pocket

This is about all that I could fit in the LT. But there's so much more room in this bag, I think I could fit a spare change of clothes plus some more snacks and the sippy cup. This is a good bag to take when we go to Grandma's for the day - it'll hold a lot. But it doesn't look "too" big on my back - I'm 5'4".

It's dressier than my LT, (I usually wear jeans or shorts - SAHM outfits) but I love it, so who cares?

Having said all that, I bought two, just to see which one I'd like better. I like the cream one, so the black one is up for sale. If you're interested, LMK. My cost was $44. Otherwise, I'll just return in to the Nordstrom Rack nearby. (Oh, the inside of the black is red)

Hope this helps somebody.
--Jennifer

jk3
05-18-2004, 05:38 PM
That's a beautiful bag! And you can't beat the price.

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

cchavez
05-18-2004, 08:42 PM
I couldn't have posted a better review. :) I have the cream one too. I only wish that I was able to use it backpack style but still zipper the back compartment.....I wonder if that is possible on the alpha 7? For the price I am very happy with it too. I wonder if Kecci made this in nylon or courderoy, it this would give the alpha 7 a good run for the money???? Of course, I am not speaking of experience I have seen the A7 once in a store....

BTW, only your first attachment is showing up.

Oh, and Kecci sells these online for 57.00 still not a bad deal.

Momof3Labs
05-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Glad that you like the bag, Jennifer! It really is a good price for a stylish bag - everyone will think you spent 3 times what you did.

I'm sure that someone will want your extra bag since I wasn't able to find any today (I was looking for a few people), so don't return it too quickly!

tina-t
05-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Jennifer, I sent you a pm.

samanthac
05-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Could you please post a picture of the black bag and maybe a couple of the inside so I can see the pocket structure? I may be interested in buying it from you. Thanks so much!

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
05-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Hi Samantha,
The black bag has been spoken for...but here's a pic. And a pic of the inside. LMK if you want the cream one - after wearing the bag around the house for awhile, I decided that I need a separate mommy pocket for all of my stuff - wallet, cellphone, keys, etc. I don't do well with mixing my stuff in with the baby's. You can e-mail me so we don't tie up traffic on the boards!

--Jennifer

zen_bliss
05-22-2004, 04:24 AM
auuuuggh! i have to stay off of this board! lori, you are a shopping guru!! those pics of all the inside pockets and the backpack option sold me! i liked the alpha 7 but not the fabrics. the kecci's are gone in the L.A. Racks, but i am having a few (red, black, green) shipped from orange county. (if anyone else is interested in snagging one, the chino store had 3 left at closing tonight - cream, black, red.) with gas hitting near $3 a gallon here, it was worth the shipping charge instead of driving! i'll have 2 up for grabs in a week or so depending on what color i like IRL...