PDA

View Full Version : Alpha 7 fabric choice

jaq0000
05-18-2004, 07:19 PM
I just ordered the Alpha 7 in black corduroy so I could also use it as a purse, for work, whatever. Now I'm thinking I should have ordered one of the shiny fabrics, such as the pink chocolate. Is the corduroy hard to keep clean? How shiny are the other fabrics?

I know many of you have these or the Mothership. Please help quick so I can change my order before they ship!!!!

Thanks! I'm just a lurker, but you guys are great and sometimes very entertaining!
Jaq

lmariana
05-18-2004, 07:52 PM
Hi Jaq! I have had both a corduroy and the shiny (blue chocolate) Alpha 7's. I think it's just a matter of personal preference. I didn't find the corduroy prone to dirt at all, but I do like the blue chocolate fabric better, only because it's slick and matches my Escape Pod and wrist bag.

I remember the corduroy fabric being nice as well and repelling drops of water, so if you really want the black, I think you will be happy with it!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

LBW
05-19-2004, 08:21 PM
I just received my black corduroy Alpha 7. I ordered from Rattle and Roll (www.rattleroll.com). They have the black, orange, and chesnut corduroy A7s on sale for 89.99. (They also have orange, chesnut, and white corduroy Motherships for 104.99)

Anyway, I really like the black and I needed a black bag. But, the interior is black -- so it does have the black hole effect. That's the only problem with the bag that I can see. I like the corduroy a lot, partly b/c I don't like shiny bags -- but that's just my preference.

Also, I'm tall (5'9") and can wear it messenger style. It hits a tad high, but I'm used to that!

robmab719
05-19-2004, 09:31 PM
I need another bag like I need a hole in my head, but $89.99 is a great deal. Plus, I think I can use it for work this fall.

Also, what does Rattle and Roll charge for shipping? I don't see the shipping charges listed anywhere on their site and I'm curious.

LBW
05-19-2004, 10:08 PM
I think it was $10.