PDA

View Full Version : Quick -- need help deciding on Skip Hop color

bubbaray
05-18-2004, 09:36 PM
OK, I'm such a dork. I've finally decided to get a Skip Hop from a local retailer. I've prepaid for it (they are on backorder) in Red. My stroller is a Pliko in Black Sable.

DH just came home and said I should have ordered the Skip Hop in Black. EVERYTHING I own is black and I was thinking it might be nice to have something different. Now he's got me second guessing my decision. I still have time to change my order -- but not a lot of time.

What do you think? Red or Black with the Black Sable Pliko????

TIA!!

Melissa
Maya -- April 11, 2004 -- and already the baby with a LE Little Tripper, LE small black tote, LE Deluxe Backpack, and custome (Ella bag style) tote in a red & Navy cabana stripe.... :) And mommy has asked for a T2 Metro Mini in PINK for her birthday!!!!

lmariana
05-18-2004, 09:43 PM
I'd stay with the red, personally. Since the Skip Hop doesn't have a contrasting colored lining, I think the black-hole effect may be increased if you went with the black.

Maybe your hubby wants you to get the black so he won't feel self-conscious carrying it himself? :) Mine didn't like the red, so I got him a navy one.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

kseltmann
05-18-2004, 09:49 PM
OK, I will help you if you help me!!!
I think you should get the black one if you are impatient like me. How long is the red on backorder for? I think the black is good, I have a lot of black stuff and then I bought a LE Large tote in Ice Pink and boy do I regret it. I had it for 3 days before I got stroller wheel grease on it. Something to be said for a black bag, no stains!
That is part of why I think I might order mine in charcoal. I have a P3 in Synergy and instead of the light pink, I think I might go with the darker color. Tell me what you think of the colors they come in with the synergy pattern.
I am one of those people that when I make up my mind, I want something then and there. I will pay more, drive far, whatever it takes, once I make up my mind. Then again, the red is soooo cute...
Boy, how helpful am I?

bubbaray
05-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Yes, that is EXACTLY what he said -- "if you want me to carry it, don't get the red one!" But when I went to the store's website and showed him how cute the red one looked (on a Mac stroller, but he got the idea), he said "well, it looks OK in red on the stroller and I probably wouldn't carry it anyway -- regardless of what color you buy!" ARGGGHHHHH -- MEN!!!

I like your theory on the black hole effect -- I forgot that the interior color is the same as the exterior. Good point.

Thanks!

Melissa

bubbaray
05-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Are we twins???

The store I'm getting it from is the only retailer in this area (I live in Canada). ALL the colors are on backorder -- but should be in any day. The bags are so popular that the store owner just orders a few in each color and they are sold "first come first serve" unless you prepay (which I did), in which case, she holds your color for you. Once the bags arrive in the store, they are gone in a day or two, that is how popular they are. So, it doesn't matter what color I order, I will get it at the same time (which should be in a week or so as I've timed my order well!)

I was tempted by the charcoal, but with the black sable color, I think if the grey wasn't a perfect match, it would look weird. I liked the two different pink colors on the Skip Hop website, but have seen others post here that they did get dirty easily.

I'm not sure how dirty the red would get -- it is a little darker than the pink, but it probably would show grease. Now you've thrown another wrench into my decision! :)

And I agree, I too will drive whereever, pay whatever to get what I want.... A true shopaholic!!!

Thanks!
Melissa

kseltmann
05-18-2004, 10:21 PM
So what's it gonna be?
Maybe I will get the storm color. That might look nice with my P3. You know, Buy Buy Baby carries it in black (I don't think they carry other colors, but now I am going to have to go and check) and I think if that is the case, I will just go with black.
Should we just get the black ones?
Yeah. I think I am going to go tomorrow.
:-)

debbiet.
05-18-2004, 10:24 PM
Hi Ladies,

I don't want to cause trouble... but I have the red one.
It got a little dirty and I e-mailed the co. They said even though it does not say on the tag the bag is machine washable, hang dry.
I also put extra detergent on the stains and it came out perfectly.
So the red is great. I love it, and espcially happy w/ putting it in the wash since my little one always has sticky fingers.

Debbie

Mommy of Joelle-Two years old

bubbaray
05-18-2004, 10:30 PM
What color stroller do you use it with? What do you think a red one would look like with a Pliko in Black Sable (two tone dark and light grey)?

Thanks for your help!

Melissa

debbiet.
05-18-2004, 10:39 PM
Hi Melissa,

I have the maclaren techno which is dark grey and light grey check and some black trim. It looks great. I did not want to get one that was an exact match, just a nice contrast which the red does. I also use it a lot off the stroller and I like the color a lot.

Black is always a safe bet, you can't go wrong... but I love my red one!

Debbie

masetane
05-19-2004, 12:53 AM
I vote for red or anything besides black. NO offense ladies b/c I have a ton of black bags, but everyone has black around here. Be different and you obviously like it b/c you picked it! :) I have the red one on my red/black Mac Techno as well as on my P3 in navy Martinelli fabric. I love it - I don't want it to blend in b/c my stroller is easy to find in the park. Let us konw what you decided. ARen't all these decisions awful? A few months down the road you won't even care! ha ha
caroline

bubbaray
05-19-2004, 11:52 AM
And I'm sticking with red! I've gone back and forth all night and spent WAAAAY too much time thinking about the color of this bag. It's JUST a diaper bag, why I am so undecided about the color.

I decided on red because I can just picture it in red for some reason. I have tons of other bags and purses, all black, so red will be a nice change. I am a little worried about it getting dirty, but hey, I can wash it. Then there is always the possibility of buying a second one in black.... Ahhhh, I need help! :)

Thanks everyone for your input -- you're the best!

Melissa

npace19147
05-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Quick question on the red - I've only seen the colors online, not IRL, would the red Skip Hop work with the Perego P3 in Metallica (red/gray)? I was thinking about getting the Skip Hop in charcoal, but don't want the black hole effect. Thanks!

masetane
05-19-2004, 01:17 PM
I have the red skip hop bag and have seen the red P3. I think the red is slightly brighter on the stroller but not by much. I think it would look great. You can always exchange if you change your mind.
caroline

masetane
05-19-2004, 01:27 PM
Here's what I find hysterical about myself - I spend ages researching, talking to people, visiting countless stores, buying-returning etc to get what I want. More often than not, I find when it arrives I'm like "OK - and then either don't use it for awhile or have more of a whatever attitude." For example, I recently purchased a PDA - spent countless hours on the internet (staying up late, ignoring my family etc) trying to figure out which one. Finally bought one - looked at it for a day and then its been sitting on my desk. Likely it is being returned tomorrow b/c I find the whole thing frustrating even though great idea. So why did I waste so much of my time agonzing over it?? Oh, my red Skip HOp bag is still sitting in the Buy Buy Baby bag in the closet with tags on! See what I mean. And, mostly, I always go back to my first decision/pick. I"m nuts but you all can appreciate the craziness! However, I do love the P3 stroller I agonized over. ha ha
caroline

kseltmann
05-19-2004, 01:40 PM
COngratulations. Now, what color do I get? I am open to suggestions...
Synergy P3 Stroller.
Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

masetane
05-19-2004, 02:53 PM
isn't there a light blue one - i'm pretty sure i saw one on their website
caroline

lmintzer
05-19-2004, 03:12 PM
Hmm. What a cool idea for a bag. I might have to get one of these too (not that I need another diaper bag--I just purchased a WW tote from the co-op and not too long ago a Loom Marsupial).

I also have the P3 in Synergy (as well as a Techno in black and a Mountain Buggy in green). To match the Synergy color, I'm thinking maybe red (might match the piping pretty well) or the Stormy color. Synergy is a fairly non-descript color--I'm never sure whether to consider it a light blue, a grey. . .

So, in answer to your question, I'd go with either Red or Stormy.

HTH a little.

marnay
05-19-2004, 03:19 PM
I just got my red Skip Hop yesterday and I am in love! This really is a cool idea for a bag. I also just got my new red E3 today and they match very well! I will also use the bag on my Mac Quest in Pistachio, it will still look fine I think!

Naydene

marinkitty
05-20-2004, 12:07 PM
Well, I have the black so I'm not much help on that front, but . . .

at the park on Monday I saw the camo one attached to a black MB and it looked so cute!!! Made me wish that I could pull off camo, but NOT with a red Bugaboo.

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)

kseltmann
05-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Do feel like you have the "black hole" effect with the black one? I am considering the black one, DH won't notice it... he will think its the same JL Childress bag that I have. I have a P3 in synergy, so I am torn about the colors.

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03