PDA

View Full Version : Chester Diaper Bags

lstef plus2
05-19-2004, 06:15 PM
O.k., I am totally losing sleep over this one. I really like the Chester diaper bags. I think I need one...LOL.... Those of you who have one, please give me the pros and cons about the bag. Are the straps a good length to fit comfortably over the shoulder.

Also, i am very confused on which one I should get. I am eyeing the Ditsy Stripe, Candy Stripe or the Multi Stripe. Can anyone who has seen these patterns tell me the color scheme? Which one would you choose, I am leaning towards the Ditsy Stripe, but so unsure?

Any coupon codes or good prices?

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
05-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Hi Lisa,
Mariana (lmariana) had a Chester Tote on the bag swap/sell board for a great price and I think it was one of the stripes, not sure if it is still there.
I just ordered a tote and a backpack, so I'll post a review when they arrive. I ordered 2 of the sale bags - the Bluebelle Tote and Black and Pink stripe Backpack.
I thought I'd give them a try for something fun!
Good Luck!

lmariana
05-19-2004, 08:11 PM
I had the Chester Ditsy Stripe tote, that I just sold! It's a long story, but Chester is sending me a new bag. As a side note, their customer service ROCKS!!!

I chose the Ditsy Stripe print and love it! I'll attach a picture below so you can get a better idea what it looks like. It has some nice browns and blacks in it that don't show up on the pictures. I also ordered the Bluebell print and the black backpack, just like Gretchen did.

The Chester diaper bags are really great. Here's what I like...
*They are a nice small/medium size but really fit a lot
*You can pack it full and it still feels light and compact
*The straps are a great length and will fit on your shoulder
*This is the diaper bag I use for going "out" and I can pass it off as a purse on date night.
*I love the waterproof/resistant exterior because I am a total klutz and always end up getting something on myself and everything else around me.
*Good interior organization, despite the black lining
*Well made bags and totally cute fabrics!
*You can always buy the matching cosmetic bag accessories if you want to

If you want a bargain, the Bluebell diaper bag is listed on the Chester website (www.chesterhandbags.com) under their "SALES" section. It's only $60, as opposed to $120 new. They also have a couple other prints if the Bluebell isn't your cup of tea. Several other websites still list these SALE bags at full price. I originally got my Ditsy stripe bag from www.polkadot81435.com, but I had a bad customer service experience there.

Good luck with your decision!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6383.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6384.jpg

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

blnony
05-19-2004, 09:53 PM
I absolutely love my Chester bag. So far, in all the bags I've had, this is the one that I have liked the most. By far.
I have the classic diaper bag tote and I thought it might be on the big side; but its perfect.
It doesn't seem big ever, but yet I can carry so much in it and it still doesn't feel big, it baffles me, but I love it. :D I find stuff in it easily, it's light, I love the straps, they are a webbing type strap that is "folded" where it goes on your shoulder, so it doesn't dig in and stays put.
The colors are so vibrant and beautiful and I actually like the zipper close on this bag; it doesn't take away any space.
It wipes clean on the inside and out.
I have the red bloom print so I can't help on any of the stripe patterns.
After using it a couple weeks, I really can't come up with a negative to this bag.
I don't know of any coupon codes and I bought mine from www.chesterhandbags.com

maddio
05-20-2004, 11:34 AM
To make a long story short I ordered the Chester Diaper Tote in Ditsy Stripe from the same place that Mariana ordered it from (polkadot81534.com) and had a bad experience with them. They sent me a different bag than what was advertised on their website. They sent me a tote in the Candy Stripe pattern. Although it wasn't the bag I ordered the Candy Stripe pattern is very cute and great for the Spring/Summer. The bag seemed pretty lightweight too considering it is a vinyl bag. To make a long story short I ended up contacting Chester handbags directly and they said they would swap out the bag for me. They have GREAT customer service.

Unfortunately I still haven't received my bag since they've been out of stock. I believe they just received a shipment so I should be getting it sometime soon. I will let you know what I think once I receive it.

I bought the black and pink diaper backpack on the chester handbag website and used it a couple times. So far I can't complain. I did notice that their straps didn't dig into my skin as some of the other bags, but the backpack straps seemed kind of short. I have it at it's longest and it fits comfortably but I'm only 5'3" - so not sure how it would be for someone taller than me.

EDIT: Sorry but for some reason my signature keeps disappearing.

Linda
Maddy's mama