PDA

View Full Version : Got my Sally Spicer backpack yesterday...

MichelleRC
05-20-2004, 11:25 AM
I ordered the wine dragonfly fabric from strollandgo.com. I ordered it Monday morning and received it Wedesnday afternoon.
I am going to try to post a picture of it next to my Alpha 7 but have never posted pics before, so sorry in advance if it doesnt work.

It is about 16"H, 14"w and I think about 6 or 7" deep. It is really roomy, but not bulky. When I put it on fully packed, I didnt get the feeling I would knock stuff over when I turn around, KWIM? The dragonfly fabric is really nice. The bottom and interior are a sturdy black cordura nylon which should clean easily. It has a drawstring closure with a flap on the top. 1 slip pocket outside, 2 slip pockets and 1 thick piece of elastic for bottle/cup inside.
I have to pack and repack and get used to a more vertical bag (I have been using totes and the Alpha 7 recently), but I really need the hands-free aspect of a backpack. I have a toddler who runs and am still dealing with the broken foot so my balance is off. I think the lack of organization could be solved by either using something like the escape pod or several zipper pouches which kind of become pockets. (I keep all my diapering stuff in the drawstring pouch from my Chester tote anyway)

PROS:
-great size, roomy without being bulky, can fit alot of stuff
-much cuter than the "manly" backpacks I have had before
-adjustable straps
-sturdy fabric on the bottom and interior

CONS:
-Not too much organization inside
-black interior
-Would have liked a large slip pocket on the back of the bag.
-I would have liked the outside pocket to have a zipper (although I could put some velcro on it to keep it closed)

I have to play with it for a while to decide if it is going to work, but I think it may. I also have a Timi and Leslie backpack ordered to compare with it.

Michelle
DS#1 19 months
DS#2 due in September

jasabo
05-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Great review! I was wondering about the SS backpack. I like that slip pocket on the front outside - great for stashing your keys and sunglasses in for easy access. Thanks for posting. I'd also love to hear your review of the Timi and Leslie backpack. They're really cute!!

Lisa - mom to 11 month old twin boys

Melanie
05-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Thanks for posting that! I was all set on the messenger, but I like your description so I might go backpack now. =) Are the straps soft/comfortable or scratchy?

MichelleRC
05-21-2004, 08:47 PM
The straps are soft, not at all scratchy, and don;t seem to dig into my shoulders.
I forgot to mention that Strollandgo.com also threw in a free matching little change purse!

Michelle