PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Skip Hop yesterday!

bubbaray
05-20-2004, 02:46 PM
I ordered my Skip Hop this Tuesday from a local retailer and behold, it arrived Wednesday, the very next day! :) After much debate, I stuck with my original order of a RED one (see posts below, how can deciding on a color be so hard???!!) and just love it! I'm really happy I didn't get the black because I think the bag is quite deep, so with a black interior it would be really hard to find things. I quite like the organization and it fits perfectly on my Pliko. The Black Sable and Red bag look great together.

DH thought the blue camo was interesting, but said that both pinks were too light and would get dirty quickly.

Melissa

kseltmann
05-20-2004, 04:31 PM
Melissa,
I am so happy for you. Now that you have it, I assume that you have "filled" it. So, what do you think? Is it all you had hoped it would be? Does it seem like you could use it as your full-time bag?
Now I am even more confused with color choice. I have a local store that has the bubblegum color (my friends think I should find a contrasting color not a similar color, and I agree) in stock, and I agree about the black hole thing. What are your thoughts (for me)?
:)
Your Jealous Friend,

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03

bubbaray
05-20-2004, 06:38 PM
I think the bag would be a PIA to find things inside it if the inside was black. It is quite deep and not very wide, so it would be hard to open it up very far to find things you couldn't see. I don't think I've explained this very well, but lets just say I'm happy I got the red and not the black.

I have it all filled and ready to go. I will try to post photos for you. I quite like it. I think it is bigger than a LE Little Tripper (my daily duty bag that I wanted to replace), but "laid out" differently. My only complaint is with the cell phone pocket. My cell phone doesn't fit because I have a cover on it (it does fit if I take the cover off, but then I get makeup all over the keypad -- YUK!).

If you are going to go with the pink, go with the darker pink rather than the light pink. My DH thought they would both get dirty quickly (he's seen them IRL, I haven't). Of course, you could always Scotchguard it, which is something I'm considering....

HTH
Melissa

kseltmann
05-20-2004, 09:35 PM
I did it. I got the bubblegum one (darker pink). I think I love it, but I had to sneak it into the house so DH wouldn't see me. I have to go really check it out tonight. I think that I am happy with the color, the store had red, black, navy, orange, light blue and this pink. I liked the light blue, but I figured that it would get very dirty and DD would be mad if I got blue and not pink.
Anyway, Lets see how we do. I am going to "pack it up" later on when DH goes to sleep. How sad. Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do... It's easier than having a "how many diaper bags do you need, didn't you just get one, don't you have one to return" conversation...
We'll see!
Thanks for your help,

bubbaray
05-20-2004, 11:04 PM
my daughter that you got a pink one !!!!! :)

DH has given up trying to curb my purse/bag purchases. I think he knew the diaper bag fetish was coming and he hasn't said a word. Of course, I'm still waiting for the LE Deluxe Diaper Backpack to be delivered -- he he!

I'm sure you will LOVE your bag! Let me know how you end up organizing it. I'm still playing with mine and haven't settled on what goes where!

Melissa