PDA

View Full Version : Timbuk2 bags on sale/clearance

larson
05-21-2004, 11:53 PM
Hey ladies, I'm not on this board too often, but I just wanted to let you all know that I saw some Timbuk2 bags (messenger) on sale, maybe even clearance in Sierra Trading Post. I think the small was $50, and the med. $60 or $70, I'm not sure. Also, I see they have a Healthy Back mesh bag (XL) for $15. These were in the most recent catalog I got, but I'm sure you can see them at their website www.sierratradingpost.com

I am clueless about the Timbuk2 bags, as far as if they are a regular bag or a special 'diaper' bag, but I thought I'd let you all know regardless! :)

Carrie

bunnisa
05-22-2004, 03:17 AM
Thanks so much! I'd been coveting one for a while. :)

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric
6/03

zen_bliss
05-22-2004, 04:29 AM
they have the nifty print designs in most colors. good deal! does anyone have a sierra discount code?

hellokitty
05-23-2004, 12:57 AM
I couldn't find a code, and I searched a few coupon sites. I just placed an order there tonight for the ameribag healthy back tech bag as a diaper bag. If someone digs up a code, I am going to kick myself, lol!

toomanystrollers
05-23-2004, 10:08 AM
I found a code for Sierra Trading Post at www.ebates.com - not that great, 10% off purchases $150 + : use EBATES3

Momof3Labs
05-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks!! I grabbed one of the smallest Timbuk2 bags (I was looking for a small one) and also the small messenger, though I think it will be a little big for me.

Melanie
05-25-2004, 12:40 AM
Nice...but I wonder, they probably don't have that extra divider, right? What do you ladies, think?

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/base_no.82491/dept_id./qx/product.htm

ginamlee
05-25-2004, 12:50 AM
Oh my goodness! I totally love all the cool graphics ( http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/base_no.82491/dept_id./qx/product.htm )! My 2 oldest would love to have these instead of school backpacks. However, they are used to more space like in the big one ( http://www.sierratradingpost.com/xq/asp/base_no.82678/dept_id./qx/product.htm ) but it is only in boring black.

Does anyone know if they have the big one with the cool graphics for sale anywhere???

ginamlee
05-25-2004, 11:46 PM
I ended up getting 2 of the medium bags for my soon-to-be 9th and 6th graders and one of the small bags for soon-to-be 1st grader. They had a grand time picking out their graphics and can't wait to get them! Thanks for posting!

myllam
05-26-2004, 03:50 AM
If you go to the fatwallet thread below, there is a coupon code for 10% off that expires today 5/26/04 - 24592 (this just worked for me). You can also try one of the riddles listed in the thread to get free shipping. Enter the riddle and answer into the comments field when checking out. I just tried this on my order, but I won't know until I get email back from STP as to whether or not it works.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=243140

I've had great service with Sierra Trading Post, so for those who ordered already, it may be worth sending them an email or calling them with the code and riddle...

Hi, edited to say that the first riddle worked for me! Yeah! I just got an email from STP saying they will credit me the shipping once the order is shipped!

HTH,

Monica

hellokitty
05-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Monica-

TY for posting the fatwallet link, I used the code you posted above. I tried to do a live chat to use the coupon code on my current order, but they told me to call their 1-800 #. I call CS, and they were super nice about it, I had the option of getting 10% or they would round up to the next highest dollar and give me that as a GC for my next order (they said there is no expiration). Since, I order from sierra once or twice a yr anyways, I opted for the GC. You are right, their CS is very good and very nice. I was actually caught off guard, b/c a REAL person answered on the first ring! Usually whenever I call a CS rep, you have to go through some automated system, and then be put on indefinite hold... I'm sure you all KWIM. :)

Mikesa3
05-26-2004, 05:32 PM
>I ended up getting 2 of the medium bags for my soon-to-be 9th
>and 6th graders and one of the small bags for soon-to-be 1st
>grader.

I noticed our kids are almost the same age.My four kids that are close in age to yours are 14 1/2,12 1/2,6 1/2 and 1 year old.My other kids ages are 19 and 4.:-) I should check these bags out for them.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

Twin Mom
05-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Monica - Thank you so much for posting the fatwallet link. I originally ordered the short cut bag from reioutlet.com in black/grey when someone had posted the link a while back (before the STP sale was posted). I was going to keep it because I didn't want another black bag, but when I saw the potential savings with the fatwallet discounts, I decided it was worth getting solid black. The bag ended up being $15+ cheaper with the 10% off, free shipping (1st riddle worked for me too) and no tax than I paid at rei and that isn't including the rebate (although I did get a small rebate through ebates at rei too.)

I will have to make a trip to rei to return the bag but that is ok. I did ask rei when I picked up the bag if they would match another retailers price because I saw the sale posted by then, but they said they don't match prices but that I could return the bag if I wanted to.

The short cut is very small and would only work for brief outings so I looked at the small bag when I picked it up just to get an idea of the size difference and thought it was pretty roomy. I was really tempted to order one of the small bags from STP too, but was concerned about not having the middle divider and thinking the bag might be too unorganized without it. I figured if I really want one it might be worth it to do a custom bag since I wasn't that wild about the color choices at STP although then it would probably be double the price :-(

Thanks again.
Aileen

ginamlee
05-28-2004, 12:24 AM
Cool! Our kids are REALLY close in age!

The bags have shipped and we are just DYING to get them. I've never seen my kids so excited about school bags - and they won't even use them until September!