PDA

View Full Version : ? About the Asian Kecci Bag

tina-t
05-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Has anybody noticed a strange smell in the inner part of the bag? Almost like "rubber -gasoline" combination smell; which dh noticed too. I washed it but the smell remains. I've emailed the Kecci cs but no reply yet.

toomanystrollers
05-22-2004, 12:52 PM
Christina,
Mine has a vinyl smell inside - well due to the vinyl lining :) - reminds me of a rubber raincoat smell. I'll probably hang mine out on the clothesline before I fill it up. I'll report back!

zen_bliss
05-23-2004, 02:45 AM
a day or so in the sun should help accelerate the pvc 'out-gassing'. if you can turn it inside out for a good airing, that should reduce the smell. i once had to leave a new car cargo mat out in the sun for about a week, but it did help. oh, i hope it goes away! you could also make a little sachet of some of those lava rocks you can get in pet stores and see if that absorbs it.

toomanystrollers
05-23-2004, 09:59 AM
Zen,
Mind if I send my bag to you for some sunshine LOL - nothing but rain here :( LMK what you think when your bags arrive - I think mine's bew-t-full!

tina-t
05-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Thank you for all your suggestions. I will try putting the bag out in the sun first, when the sun finally comes out, hopefully, tomorrow.

cchavez
05-24-2004, 01:51 PM
I'll have to air mine out too. I have noticed the smell but I am getting used to it.

toomanystrollers
05-29-2004, 08:55 AM
Well 2 hours in the sun on the clothesline did the trick - the smell is almost 'nil. I turned it inside out and got the vinyl smack dab in the sun.

HTH