PDA

View Full Version : Anyone check out the Ultimate Ella Diaper bag??

papal
05-23-2004, 06:22 PM
It is so cute... i am not in the market (or am i??), but i love the look of it!
http://ella-bags.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=E&Category_Code=DB

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6597.jpg

LD92599
05-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Rashmi:

I saw this too and am drooling over it! I so do NOT need a new bag..esp w/ two WW bags enroute!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

houseof3boys
05-23-2004, 09:14 PM
I like the style of this far better than any of her other bags! If only this was available when I got mine.....

Momof3Labs
05-23-2004, 09:15 PM
I agree that this really cute, and the design seems so nice! I wish, though, that the strap were fully adjustable. And get out your ruler before ordering - this is a small bag! Especially compared to the sizes that most of the moms here like!

lmladuke
05-23-2004, 09:20 PM
I love the style on this - but I would be hesitant to order it based on alot of the recent posts about Ella's being not very sturdy, and some of the other faults posters had with their bags. It's almost as if you have to buy the vinyl lining for a bit more stability.

I wonder if they have made improvements to their bags? It really is so cute though...

Maybe if they do a co-op?....

Lori

candybomiller
05-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Ok, I am in LOVE with this diaper bag. DH is going to make me stop coming here!! Oh, but I might have to have it.

Someone find out about a coop PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

ginamlee
05-23-2004, 11:27 PM
I emailed a couple of days ago because I was interested in using their 30% off code that is currently running. Aimee asked if anyone was interested in another co-op as promised. I said that probably, yes. However, she said that their current coupon code is the same discount, so I really don't see the point????

pritchettzoo
05-23-2004, 11:39 PM
Look carefully at the photograph--see the "bunching" along the stitching on the flap (where my chicken-scratch arrows are)? Also, look at the lower right edge of the flap--see how the stitching is crooked there (airbrushed circle)?
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6612.jpg

That's the example they're using for their website--I'd hate to see the craftmanship up close! If you're going to pay $120 for this bag, I'd pay $15 or so more and get this bag from Posh Tots (perhaps the inspiration for Ella's? But look at the smoothness of the stitching on it): http://www.poshtots.com/pt/catalog/product_detail.asp?product_id=3311 or one of Petunia Picklebottom's Roll bags.

Obviously, I stink at Photoshop! And it was done while nak...

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

ETA: I'm looking so closely at the workmanship because of the quality of one of my Ellas. One was horrendous and one was acceptable (at least the friend who got it as a group baby shower gift isn't complaining to me). I'm VERY PICKY with handmade items. I'm making a dress for DD now and am driving myself insane trying to get the teensy-tinsy stiches even. And I don't want to see people waste money like I did on that bag. UGH. :o

workaholic
05-23-2004, 11:55 PM
Wow, I friend of mine that frequents this site just told me I should join and read about what was going on.
I'm glad I did.
I wish I had joined sooner.
Abviously, I'm sticking my neck out here.
I look forward to being a part of this group.

Thanks so much,
Aimee
Mama to Cooper

workaholic
05-24-2004, 12:39 AM
I totally understand Anna,
I really don't blame you. I wish I had someone working for me that had your eye for detail. It's frustrating at times when, in the time of growing, mistakes happen. I couldn't be there for every bag due to the recent growth of our company. I obviously understand all of your concerns. That's why I, personally, have gone to great lengths to study other products on the market that will help make our products better. We've also invested a great deal of money in new machinery and a great deal of time in training. I do have a wonderful group of ladies working for our company. I wish that you had asked (will ask) for a full refund on your bag. It truly bothers me that you were unhappy. Please e-mail me on this matter.

I wish I could talk further tonight but my baby is having surgery in the morning. I need to focus on him.

Just so everyone knows. The "Ultimate Diaper Bag" has designed for the above mentioned company PoshTots.com, at their request. I assure you that the quality is superior. The photographed bag was sewn to perfection. Any puckering that "seems" to appear, may come from the fact that it is padded with a cotton lining for plush softness, that's what I'd want in a changing pad.

Graciously,
Aimee
Mama to Cooper

pritchettzoo
05-24-2004, 12:57 AM
I left two phone messages which were unreturned and emailed with no response. I have donated the bag.

I hope your baby comes out of surgery well. Poor little guy! I can't imagine DD having to undergo surgery. You must be a nervous wreck. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

workaholic
05-24-2004, 01:22 AM
Thank you so much for your concern.
I am a nervous wreak. I think if my husband and mom weren't going with me I'd have to back out. I know I'm going to forget to pack something that he loves or will want after the procedure. It seems I a ball of nerves. He'll be fine I'm sure. I've prayed and prayed this week. I hope his doctor does the same. :)

I can't believe that no one got back with you. I had a terrible time with our communication outlets (phones, e-mail, etc.) during our move. I even had customers calling my cell. ;) I won't be in to work until Tuesday, please e-mail so we can discuss a reconciliation.

Again, thanks for your concern.
Aimee
Mama to Cooper

Mikesa3
05-24-2004, 09:47 AM
I just wanted to say I think it's great how well you both handled that sticky situation.Aimee,I hope your ds recovers quickly.:-)
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

robmab719
05-24-2004, 10:43 AM
I'll stand up for the Ella bags. I have an Ella backpack that I received in April and the workmanship on it is flawless. I'm pretty picky about handmade stuff because there are a lot of really great seamstresses in my family, and I have to say that I couldn't find a single thing wrong with my Ella. With that said, I do think the WW bags may be a bit more padded and stand a bit better on their own, which is a nice feature. But I have no complaints with my Ella.
I love it!

jk3
05-24-2004, 11:16 AM
I have to say that it's definitely a case by case situation. I purchased an Ella tote + the workmanship was exceptional. I happened to sell the bag because it wasn't my style but it was a beautiful, well-made bag.

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

LD92599
05-24-2004, 11:28 AM
I also love my Ella backpack...no problems w/ workmanship at all and Aimee was a pleasure to work with! I am still eying this new bag though! What the heck am I thinking...i have 2 WW's on the way AND we rarely even USE a diaper bag since I keep a stocked bag in each car for "emergencies!"

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

kelly ann
05-24-2004, 11:31 AM
I would have to agree that it is on a case by case basis because there are some ladies that love their Ella bags. I didn't have the luck on my side with my bag. I did return my bag to be redone, but the owners were afraid I still would not be satisfied so they refunded my money.

I then decided on a ISM Me Too since I had large ISM and knew I would be happy with the final result. It seemed like a better choice all around for me and the price was just as good (I got a free key fob and mom's bag). I would have gone for the WW co-op, but it was a gift and I was running out of time.

ETA: After re-reading my post, I want to add that I don't have any negative feelings towards the Ella bags just because I didn't have a sucessful experience. I just realize now that there are so many other choices out there for these types of bags and I am more inclined to try others.

workaholic
05-24-2004, 04:35 PM
It's really great to hear such nice things. I receive lots of e-mails from customers that after awhile, have to e-mail me and let me know how things are going. All have had such great things to say. It means alot. If anyone has questions just let me know.

New fabric is coming in for Fall, we ordered bolts and bolts about a month ago. I personally can't wait to see them. We currently have a 30% off coupon going on until the end of May. Someone mentioned it. If another co-op is in the wind let me know. It's important to set dates to keep from being flooded.

So, let's talk diaper bags :)!

Is this the right place to post about slings. I have a SAHM who makes them and I'm curious as to what is important to mom's when it comes to the simple slings. I had a mothership of a sling and gave it away. I saw an article where Angelina Jolie preferred the simple slings. Does anyone here use them? I've been hesitant to give them as gifts because I really don't know how much people reall use them.

kelly ann
05-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Actually, there is another area for slings/carriers (right above the diaper bags section?). I believe that section is pretty active so I am sure you will get a lot of feedback.

workaholic
05-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Wonderful, thanks so much!
Aimee
Mama to Cooper