PDA

View Full Version : Asian fabric lovers - check out this bag!

smiley76
05-26-2004, 02:16 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15558&item=4304180716&tc=photo

Kimberly H
05-26-2004, 06:19 AM
Pretty bag!

(I don't need another bag... I don't need another bag... I don't need another bag...)

olim
05-26-2004, 07:43 AM
Beautiful! Reminds me of the Kecci bags.

tobycat
05-26-2004, 10:07 AM
Ohhh... pretty. I checked out the sellers other colors of Asian bags, now I can't decide if I like the purple or silver better. Don't like that the inside liner is black but I might bid on one anyway.

Candice

dipstixclix
05-28-2004, 02:45 AM
If you ended up winning this bag, please keep us posted as to how you like it and who makes it (manufacturer)... It is strikingly similar to the Kecci and Petunia Pickle Bottom bags but a fraction of the cost! :)

tobycat
05-28-2004, 09:24 AM
I won the auction for the purple bag. I am very excited about it. Even if it turns out to be a less than stellar diaper bag, it will be a pretty bag anyway. Already have a friend who would like to use it as a purse.

Geez, haven't even had the baby yet (EDD oct. 4) and am already obsessed with diaper bags!

Candice

dipstixclix
05-29-2004, 02:48 PM
You got an amazing price - another seller has it on sale for a starting bid of $29.95 or Buy It Now for $49.95!

I e-mailed your seller "ttcdp" to ask who the maker/manufacturer was to see if it was custom made or if I can see it at a boutique IRL but would you believe she replied "I do not give out that information. They deal wholesale only in large quantities. I can tell you they are not a name brand." I don't know what her deal is - like it's a big secret or as if I'm trying to compete with her for business or something... Anyway, I hope you have good luck with this seller! Please keep us posted on how you like the bag and post pics if you can! It's really pretty and you got a GREAT bargain! :7

Dscvrlifewith3
05-29-2004, 04:40 PM
O my.

The sad thing is, she may be getting some type of illegal knock off. This is prevelant on eBay. If she cant give you the name of the manufacturer then something stinks. PEEE UUUU

tobycat
06-02-2004, 09:51 AM
I also emailed the seller asking about the brand. She/he replied that it was not a brandname. I did not feel that this was a rude or deceptive reply. I don't think that it is illegal (I could be wrong) to sell the bag as it is being listed. The seller is not claiming that it is a Kecci or Petunia PB or other name brand.

Anyway, I got the bag. It is made in China, with no manufacturer listed. The bag is pretty, but I don't think very good as a diaper bag. (Not that I have any experience with diaper bags yet.) There are several pockets on the inside for organization purposes. The changing pad is really small and about the thickness of two pieces of material sew together. I think I will give it to a friend that wants to use it as big purse/bag.