PDA

View Full Version : Sewcuteboutique padded or Sewinguptreasures unpadded?

lynettefrancois
05-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Which one? For those that got a sewcuteboutique, are you still able to use it later with all the extra padding? What age baby is appropriate for the unpadded sewinguptreasures version? **Are they both one handed?**
I need to order soon- trips to the grocery are getting ridiculous in the stroller! :) Thanks-

toomanystrollers
05-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Lynnette,
I can't say enough about our cover from Cathy at sewcuteboutique. FWIW, my almost 3 yo demanded to sit in his little sister's girly girly padded cart cover. So he has no problem with padding :)

I can put my cover on one handed - take some manuevering. But most of the time, I snag a shopping cart out in the parking lot before I unload the gang.

robmab719
05-26-2004, 04:57 PM
I really love my Sewcuteboutique cover, too. The padding doesn't seem too fluffy to me at all. My DD is young enough that she needs the padding right now, but even when she doesn't need it, I think she'll still like it. Heck, I'm 31 and if I could ride around in a padded shopping cart, I would! :)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not like it's so padded that a bigger child would be crowded or uncomfortable with it. It's about the same thickness as a really cushie comforter or duvet.

sarahfran
05-26-2004, 11:03 PM
I have been using my sewinguptreasures unpadded cover since DS started sitting up well--since maybe 6-7mos? I've never missed having padding. I really like it. When we use it on restaurant highchairs, I'm happy that there's no extra bulk--I think it would get cramped in the seating area if there was.

I used to be able to easily get the cover on carts with one hand. Now Dylan's a lot squirmier and it's hard to do anything with one hand :).

I highly recommend the sewing up treasures cover. I love that it folds down to such a small pouch (attached-so you don't worry about losing it). My only word of advice is to be sure you ask about the color of the reverse fabric. I bid on one with primary fabric I liked, and the photo showed a blue backing. When I received, the backing was bright orange. It's not the end of the world, but I wish I'd asked about it in advance.

Hth
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

lynettefrancois
05-27-2004, 12:06 AM
Thanks for all the info everyone! Just one more question- where does the "dirty" part of the fabric go when you're not using it? Does it fold onto itself on both of these covers, so that the clean fabric stays clean? Thanks!!

JennyLynn
05-28-2004, 02:13 PM
I have the sewinguptreasures unpadded version. The way it packs into the pocket, there is really no good/easy way to keep the dirty part from touching the clean part. I have to kind of scrunch it all up together to get it in the pocket because it's a snug fit.

To me there is enough substance/softness in the unpadded version. Not having to carry around a huge bulky item is worth it IMO.

Jenny