PDA

View Full Version : if you like Asian brocade bags....

supercalifragilous
05-28-2004, 05:58 PM
I just stumbled onto www.chinasprout.com and it has TONS of accessories and bags made with Asian brocade. They even have the cute Chinese takeout container purses made with brocade fabric. Their prices are reasonable too but I have NO IDEA about their quality.

This dragonfly tote is really cute:

http://www.chinasprout.com/htm/shop.html?section=shop&category=accessories&subcat=women&subsubcat=bags&mode=enlarge&type=AHH017

Sorry I couldn't post the picture. Said the KBs were too much (but it was only 53 kBs).

supercalifragilous
05-28-2004, 05:59 PM
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6875.jpg

Finally got this picture to come through! I love the chinese frog closure! So cute! I think they have this closure on the backpack too.

Dscvrlifewith3
05-28-2004, 06:13 PM
Those are just too cute and also like the enclosures!

Kimberly H
05-28-2004, 11:31 PM
I've purchased from Chinasprout on several occasions and have had great luck with them.

supercalifragilous
05-29-2004, 01:46 AM
Very good to know! Thanks for the info!

Out of curiosity, what have you bought? I love all their stuff! I'll bet your little girl is just adorable in the clothes!

Is the fabric nice and thick? How is the construction? Are they here in the US or do they ship their inventory from overseas so it takes a while?

I've bought some "silk" material online before and been very disappointed and how thin & flimsy it is sometimes.

(Sorry for the 20 questions)

Kimberly H
05-29-2004, 07:40 AM
Actually, I have plenty of silk dresses for Mia that we bought in China so we haven't gotten any from Chinasprout but from what I saw on their website, they're the exact same dresses! They are very thin silk but held up well. You can see Mia in one of the dresses in the baptism photo link at the end of this post.

Chinasprout is located in the US so what they have on the website is actually in their warehouse.

We've purchased books and tapes, little knicknacks and t-shirts. Next up is a few pieces of silver jewelry that I like and more t-shirts. They've washed up beautifully!