PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bag for Father's Day?

kseltmann
05-28-2004, 10:34 PM
Thinking about getting DH his own bag for father's day. He loves taking DD out by himself, but my new bubblegum skip hop might be a little much for him. Suggestions? I was thinking a little tripper might be a good idea for an occasional daddy diaper bag. I am not sure that my DH is a "diaper dude" kind of guy.
What do you all think?

jerseygirl07067
05-28-2004, 11:03 PM
I found this for DH at Target. I got it in hunter green though. It actually holds a lot and looks masculine, and was perfect for DH! He really likes it too! HTH!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1261&item=4304239588&rd=1

Marcy

MamaKath
05-28-2004, 11:36 PM
The Little Tripper is actually kind of feminine as it resembles a purse quite a bit. What about some kind of a messenger bag like the Ameribag tote? Or the Timbuk2 at the www.rei.com outlet? Not really diaper bags, but great functional bags. Or searching Ebags or the like for urban bags. If he likes the SkipHop why not get him his own in a more masculine color?

Just some thoughts~

Momof3Labs
05-28-2004, 11:40 PM
There are some good deals on Timbuk2 bags at www.sierratradingpost.com and free shipping through 5/31 using the code WSUS3. Check out the small messenger with the designs down the middle - bikes or airplanes are pretty masculine!

DH has a Little Tripper for occasional use, but it isn't really a guy-bag.

supercalifragilous
05-29-2004, 02:24 AM
I don't know if your DH is into messenger bags or backpacks but One Step Ahead has a diaper backpack that is really nice and multifunctional (it even comes with a changing pad). There's an IDENTICAL one at action-direct for $30 including shipping (and has the changing pad though they call it something else).

http://www.action-direct.com/89.htm

lmariana
05-29-2004, 09:50 AM
I gave my hubby a navy Skip Hop, and he actually carries it.

But for Father's Day, I think the only kind of diaper bag they could get excited about is one that isn't red, pink, striped, shiny, silky, animal print, doesn't say "baby" on it, has a built in TV with remote, doesn't have any baby related items inside, and you bring it to him while naked and carrying a cold beer. Happy Father's Day! :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

anutalp
05-29-2004, 01:33 PM
That exactly kind of bag that my DH would really love to get, especially "naked and carrying a cold beer" part :)

netne
05-29-2004, 01:53 PM
DH actually bought his own bag--a messenger style bag with lots of pockets from Old Navy. He was so excited about it (it was on sale) that he wanted to buy 2 or 3 of them. :-) You might check around a few places for a good messenger bag if you think he would carry it (Target, J Crew, etc). HTH

bubbaray
05-29-2004, 06:54 PM
I am getting my DH a LE Deluxe Diaper Bag Backpack in Blue (even though we have a girl, LOL!). He doesn't like messenger bags (thinks even they are too girly), but said he would carry a backpack if he absolutely had to....

HTH
Melissa
Maya -- April 11, 2004

Melanie
06-02-2004, 03:56 AM
My hubby likes a regular backpack. I bought a Columbia one at Kohl's with a zillion pockets for organization and outside water bottle/sippy cup holders.

DeborahM
06-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Yeah- my DH had a good chuckle when I read the posting to him! ;)

hobey
06-02-2004, 12:52 PM
DH is getting a Timbuk2 for Father's Day this year. He's pretty excited about it since I made him design his own on the site. :)

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

kseltmann
06-02-2004, 02:55 PM
OK, so I have narrowed it down to either a Skip Hop (you all now know how I feel about mine) or a Timbuk 2 bag. My thought was that if he hated the idea of his own diaper bag he might use it for the gym. I just thought maybe a T2 was a better idea. My real question is, does anyone use a T2 with a Pliko P3? I love how the Skip Hop hangs on the stroller, but wouldn't the T2 messenger bag basically do the same thing?
If anyone has one, what size do you have and do you like it?
Thanks,

Kathryn
Emily 9.24.03