PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop: Black vs. Charcoal

newmomto1
05-29-2004, 01:58 AM
Has anyone seen the Skip Hop bag in black and/or in charcoal IRL???
I am ordering one to go with my black sable P3...not sure which would look best. It's hard to tell a big difference in the colors when I look at online pictures. Any opinions??
TIA

blnony
05-29-2004, 11:26 AM
I have the charcoal and really like the color. Its a very dark gray, almost black but just a little different. It matches my teal zooper rhumba and my Metalica P3 perfectly. I just wanted something a little different than black, but still match.

getbusyliving
05-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Is it charcoal inside too? I always gravitate toward black, but I've heard people say it can create the "black hole" effect, especially b/c of how deep the bag is. I'm considering the charcoal, but not sure if it's much different than the black in this respect. Thanks!

Misty
Mommy to Gabriel, 6/20/03

masetane
05-29-2004, 03:24 PM
I have seen both. At first I thought the charcoal was black until I saw the black. I thought the charcoal was just great - everyone has a black bag now...(even me). I bought the red for something differenty but I was holding the charcoal for a while
caroline

masetane
05-29-2004, 03:26 PM
I would say the colors IRL are quite different. Black is a true deep black. The charcoal looks like a really, dark grey. I like the charcoal much better and I think its always nice not to have things match exactly. Charcoal against a black stroller looks wonderful
caroline

kelly ann
05-29-2004, 11:15 PM
Misty-

I have the charcoal and love the color - it matches our gray Techno. Even thought others have talked about the "black hole", I honestly don't feel that there is one. In the middle deep pocket, I put diapering supplies and extra clothes. None of those things are dark in color so they are easy to see. Plus it is not a huge middle pocket and things are not going to shift around. I absolutely love this bag...I just wish I had a excuse to buy a corduroy one in the fall.