PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop?

em_jon98
05-29-2004, 11:23 PM
I think I missed the buzz on this bag, but I saw it in a mag the other day and it looked really cute. So...I have a few questions:

1) Could it be your only bag, yet is it not too huge? I normally have to carry my LE Do it All bag now because of all the toys, snacks, etc., we need to tote around, and it is a monster bag. I really want something that doesn't make me feel like I'm carrying a small piece of luggage around.

2) How does it fit on stroller handles? I think the photo I saw showed it on a stroller that had one bar-type handle. I have a Zippy, and I just recieved my new Swift (which I will be using primarily for the next few months.) Will it work on strollers with two handles or will it slip down the handles?

3) What is the pocket situation like? Will it manage CD's well?

Thanks!

boys2enough
05-30-2004, 12:25 AM
Hi, I ordered one but immediately returned it. I think the bag is a great concept, but I was looking for something bigger, maybe for an all-day outing. I really don't think it can be your only bag if you tend to be an overpacker. (And you are using an LE DIA now... lol) The bag also does not stand on itself when you put it down, and that will drive me crazy. So I returned it. But many here love this bag for the purpose of leaving it on the stroller. One mom I know loves this bag because now she can leave baby stuff in the Skip Hop while using one of her many pre-baby handbags. :)

I believe it will fit on most handle types. In fact there is this review posted a while back ago and the mom was using the Skip Hop on her Zippy. (link below)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=4831&mesg_id=4831&listing_type=search

The following link goes to a thread where some kind poster posted pics of her packed Skip Hop. HTH some.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=5242&mesg_id=5242&listing_type=search

(ETA above link. OOOPs, forgot to paste the link last time. here it is. HTH)

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

kseltmann
05-30-2004, 10:25 PM
I love my Skip Hop bag. I really love my Skip Hop bag. I am not an over packer and I think I can use this as my full-time bag. For me, full time is a out for no more than a few hours at a time. Yesterday we went out for the whole day (family gathering, not really using the stroller) so I used my LE large tailored tote (change of clothes, pajamas, food, toys, etc.) For an average day, my bag is packed with 4-5 size 3 diapers, a pack of wipes, a pouch inside with a change of clothes (onesie, pants and socks) a bib, 2 small plush toys, a changing pad, a cloth diaper, a huggies disposable changing pad, a pack of wet-ones, a few linkadoos, teethers, my cell phone, sunglasses, the diaper garbage bags, and an avent 9oz bottle. All of this fits in without being bulky or overstuffed.
I have a 2 handled stroller (P3) and it works so well. I really rave about this bag. The only thing missing is a good key fob or something like they have in the LE.
HTH,

bubbaray
05-30-2004, 10:52 PM
I LOVE my Skip Hop. I have a LE Updated Little Tripper, a Similac bag, a custom diaper bag (like an Ella bag) and I recently returned my LE Updated DIA (in exchange for the LE Deluxe Backpack Diaperbag). I also just ordered a Timbuk2 Metro Mini (just days before the co-op was announced!).

I use the Skip Hop as a day bag, but I am not an over packer. I asically take what Kathryn takes. My only complaints about the bag are that there is no place to attach your keys and that my cell phone(which is a small phone, but I have a cover on it, which makes it fatter) doesn't fit in the cell phone pocket.

I use the bag either as a messenger bag or hanging from my stroller (2003 PP Pliko). I have the Pliko in Black Sable and my bag is red -- it looks great!

I highly recommend the Skip Hop! It is very well made and really works well for me.

Melissa

Chelsey333
05-31-2004, 10:29 AM
I love my Skip Hop bag. I use it for a 2 yr old and newborn. I use it as my quick trip out bag (to grocery store, mall, etc.). I also keep a bag in the car with extra stuff in case I need it, and that way I don't stuff the kitchen sink into the Skip Hop. It could be your only bag, but it doesn't stand on its own and that kind of drives me crazy. I have to be very careful about where I put it down so that it doesn't get dirty. Also, it still is a large bag. So if you are looking for a small bag, this might not be the bag for you. It is very narrow, but really tall. I took it to the doctor's office the other day and had it stuffed fairly full. I felt like I was carrying a small piece of luggage. When I got home, I emptied some of the extras out of it, so it wasn't so full looking. I love the pockets on it, I have a pocket for everything I need (not sure how it would work with cds, bec I use the disposable). I am not sure how it would work on a stroller with 2 handles. I have a double stroller with one bar and it works great.