PDA

View Full Version : Small bag to put in diaper bag??

Smiles81
05-31-2004, 12:08 AM
OK, so I have a large diaper bag and would like to get a purse that will fit inside but not be bulky; I would like it to be made of a collapsible material. I would like it to fit my wallet, cell phone, a diaper and some wipes, (don't need a wipes case b/c I can keep them in a ziplock and some other small odds and ends. (sort of like an escape pod but don't really like the bulky feel of the vinyl. Any suggestions??

TIA
Smiles
Smiles81

myllam
05-31-2004, 03:00 AM
One option that might work for you are the Le Sport Sac bags? They are made of a soft plastic (nylon?) so they are collapsible. They also come in all kinds of sizes and patterns. I've mainly seen them at Macys, but they are sometimes on sale at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, or Ross.

www.lesportsac.com

HTH,

Monica

Mikesa3
05-31-2004, 11:34 AM
Eagle Creek has a few that can used used with shoulder strap or around the waist.These are sporty looking though so might not be what you want.I'm planning on ordering their Exit pouch soon but I don't think that one is big enough for diaper.Maybe this one http://www.ebags.com/eagle_creek/sidekick/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=18719 HTH
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

DeborahM
05-31-2004, 03:13 PM
I bought a small purse at Nordstrom's (in the store) two years ago for the same purpose. It's a Herve Chapelier bag -- they go from small sizes up to large totes. It's all nylon, waterproof lining and folds completely flat. The bags have two colors - mine is beige outside, hot pink bottom & inside w/ black handles. It zips closed.

I had a hard time doing a search for this -- I couldn't find it on the Nordstrom site.

I did find a lot on an Ebay search -- this is the size bag I have:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63852&item=3484222829&rd=1

Here's the Ebay search: http://search.ebay.com/herve-chapelier_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQsonewuserZ1QQxp ufuZx

Deborah
Mom to Thomas and soon-to-arrive baby girl

Smiles81
05-31-2004, 03:32 PM
Thanks, those are cute!!
Smiles

DeborahM
06-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Hi - I was at the Nordstrom's store at Pentagon City today and they did have a good selection of the Herve Chapelier bags in summer colors. Guess they're not listing them on the web.

Deborah

jacksmom0902
06-04-2004, 09:42 AM
I know I'm a little OT here but are prices for the Herve Chapelier bags on Ebay comparable to the retail prices at Nordstrom's? We won't be near a Nordstrom's until July but the bag is just so cute.

Thanks,
Karla

Jackson 9.16.02

DeborahM
06-04-2004, 06:57 PM
I can't remember how much the bids were, but I thought the Ebay prices were a lot cheaper. At the Nordstrom store, the size I had (the smallest tote) was $60 and the larger ones were around $149 (I think). They do have their Half-Yearly Sale starting on the 6th, although who knows what's going to be on sale. I'm sure I'll find myself strolling thru the store, so I can check. You could prob. call their 800# to find out what's available & prices or get a number for one of their stores. They usually have really great customer service.

Deborah

jacksmom0902
06-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Thanks so much! If you see that they are on sale please let me know. I may have to find my way to a store earlier than July for a deal! Otherwise, I'll check out the bags on Ebay. Again, thanks for your help.

Karla

Jackson 9.16.02

DeborahM
06-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Just got over to the Nordstrom's yesterday and quickly cruised through the handbag section. The Herve Ch. bags weren't included in their Half Yearly sale -- I'd check on Ebay.

Deborah
30 days and counting! (finally)

jacksmom0902
06-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Thanks so much for checking on this. I'll check Ebay.

Karla
Mom to Jackson 9.16.02

MamaKath
06-12-2004, 10:55 PM
Well, the Bluelight special version is cute if you like the LeSportSacs. KMart had some cute nylon bags and purses similar to LeSportSac made by American Tourister. Colors or some fashion girl prints on pink or black. All under $20 and coming with a small cosmetics bag as well. I have one that I had gotten on clearance last year that I throw into a big backpack when we have all day outings as a family, so I can grab my things and a diaper or two and leave dh with the big bag. ;-)

HTH~

Mikesa3
06-13-2004, 12:05 AM
I just bought a Eagle creek pouch.It's like this one http://www.ebags.com/eagle_creek/exit_pouch_closeout_color/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=13634 but I ordered a blue from another site(which has now discontinued it) I really like it.I use it as a wallet plus it has room for all my stuff and fits easily into a diaper bag.
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids