PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good diaper bag for cloth diapering....any suggestions?

wendinbill
05-31-2004, 02:21 PM
We've just switched to cloth all the way, and my new Lands End Little Tripper is just that...little. I need something a bit bigger, but without a big price tag. What do you CD'ers use? Thanks! (I have been using my Ella backpack...but not good for everyday)

Momof3Labs
05-31-2004, 03:02 PM
What is your price range? And what style do you prefer? I really like the Timbuk2 messenger bag that I just got on www.sierratradingpost.com - they have free shipping through tonight using code WSUS3.

There have also been positive posts about some of the other LE diaper bags, reasonably priced but I prefer a long shoulder strap.

wendinbill
05-31-2004, 03:12 PM
I had a Timbuk2 awhile back...and sold it! I found it to be too heavy, and I am not a fan of messenger style. I love my Little Tripper-shoulder strap. My sister just got one of the Large Totes from LE, but it's heavy empty. lol, I'm eyeing my son's school backpack from Old Navy!! He will be done with school this week...lol, maybe that will be my new bag?? :D

Mikesa3
05-31-2004, 05:07 PM
How about the Ameribag tote? Not a diaper bag but works well as one from what others have posted.Lots of compartments,nice oval opening and padded shoulder strap.I've been thinking about getting one even though it would be a little big for me. http://www.ebags.com/ameribag/tote_messenger_bag/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=13589
HTH
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

lmariana
06-01-2004, 08:40 AM
What about that Kalencom tote that they carry at Target and Babies R Us? I saw one last week, and they are SPACIOUS! The tote style might not be up your alley though. I'd check the Baby Bags Swap board, there are tons of bags for sale these days!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

wendinbill
06-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the rec Nancy..I ordered the Ameribag tote today, in Khaki. Free shipping, free returns-can't go wrong!

Mikesa3
06-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Great.Let us know how you like it when it arrives.:-)

wendinbill
06-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Well, the Ameribag arrived today...and it's just not me. The Khaki color is horrid, and it reminds me a lot of a Timbuk2-which we've already tried. Good organization, but just not quite big enough for cloth diapers. Does not stand up on it's own, but is very lightweight. Strap is padded-which is nice. Lots of pockets, light interior. Cheaper alternative to a Timbuk2. Overall, would be nice, but just not quite big enough!!

Mikesa3
06-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Sorry the Ameribag didn't work.The only other reasonable price larger bag I can think of is the Lands End do it all.They are changing them by adding longer straps soon so maybe that would work.Try calling or emailing to ask when new bag will be out.HTH