PDA

View Full Version : Is the LE Deluxe too big for everyday use?

SimplyMama
06-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Hi! This is my first post on here, and I was hoping to get some help on a diaper bag. I am due August 8th, and have been stressing over which diaper bag to get. I actually ordered the LE Do-It-All, but returned it because the straps were too short for me and it seemed a bit bulky. However, I did like its quality and features.

I am leaning toward a backpack diaper bag, and wondering if the LE Deluxe would be good or if it's too big for everyday use? Since I'm a first time mom, I have no idea as to what exactly I'll need or if I'll be a light packer or not.

I want something that's not too big or too small, can carry all my stuff as well as the baby's (so I don't have to carry a purse as well), and will leave both of my hands free. I also plan on wearing my baby in a sling a lot, so I would need something that would work with that. Normally, I would want a messenger style bag, but I don't think that will work too well with a sling.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

p.s. is it more common to get an actual "diaper bag", or do a lot of people buy normal bags and use them as diaper bags?

sbaker
06-03-2004, 12:56 AM
IMO the LE Deluxe is too big for an everyday bag. I have had several "real" diaper bags and several "normal" bags that I use as diaper bags. Now I almost always use a normal bag.
If I had to start all over again I wouldn't buy any diaper bags before the baby was born. Most hospitals will give you a free formula company diaper bag. I would use that to start with and then decide what type of bag you need. You may find that the bag you think you need now is not the bag you need after your baby is here.

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03