PDA

View Full Version : Loom VS T2??

Andrea5flk
06-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Any opininos on this. I want to get the T2, but I am torn on which one to pick, but then started thiking about the Loom. Everyone says they are wonderfully designed inside. SO would I ultimalty be happier with that, LOL

TIA

jasabo
06-02-2004, 12:21 PM
IMO, they're very different bags. The Marsupial is very organized inside, which is great. But the look is very different outside. Also, I wasn't able to carry it messenger style. The strap wasn't long enough and it was too stiff and bulky. JMO though. Many people love them.

If you're looking for something in-between the two, you might check out the Alpha 7. It's well organized, much like the Loom, but can be worn messenger or backpack, which is great and has more of a "messenger" look to it, like the T2.

Just depends on what you're looking for in a bag, I think.

Lisa - mom to 11 month old twin boys

egoldber
06-02-2004, 02:27 PM
I agree they are very different bagts. I have a T2, not a Loom, but I have seen the Loom. The Loom is very much a traditional diaper bag that some people are able to wear messenger style. The T2 is a messenger bag that can be used as a diaper bag. It is designed and made to be worn messenger style. If you want a messenger style bag, I would get a T2.

HTH,

Andrea5flk
06-02-2004, 03:47 PM
That is the thing. I had a Mothership, and it was just way to big for me. I plan on getting an ALpha 7 at some point, love them. But I love the look of the T2 and the marsupial. I want the organization, I love pockets and places for things, but I hate my bag falling off my shoulder and with a 2 1/2 and 1 year old I need my hands. I though the Loom was a messanger or shoulder type?? Hummm ok. So do I get both, LOL LOL LOL

Andrea

sbaker
06-03-2004, 12:48 AM
I've had a Loom. I still have a T2. I would choose the T2 over the Loom in a heartbeat. Don't get me wrong the Loom is a lovely bag. It has wonderful organization, but for real life carrying with 2 kids the Loom is a pain. The strap is hard to adjust and doesn't fit well as a messenger. The T2 on the other hand is simple to adjust from shoulder style to messenger mode which IMO makes it easier to use. Also, the T2 actually has several organizer pockets in the front side of it.

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to:
Rayce 02/09/02
Charlye 12/20/03

Andrea5flk
06-03-2004, 01:10 AM
If you dont mind me asking, what size do you have?? I am lookig into getting one thourgh the co-op, but so indecided. I think I am definitly getting the T2 after much deliberation. I think the pink/gray/pink, but I am not sure how pink it is. Looks lighter on the site, dont want it to be too bright!!! I thought a few people on here said the Large was too big, and to get a medium, but I am not sure. TIA

Andrea

Momof3Labs
06-03-2004, 09:53 AM
I find the small T2 messenger to be plenty for a few hours out with Colin (we carry disposables, not cloth, when out). I have a medium messenger on the way, but only plan to use that for an upcoming plane trip and the occasionall all-day trips. The large would be massive, I think.

lilarkk
06-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Just saw that there was a T2 for sale on ebay.
Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63852&item=3484263188&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Can't hurt to check it out. Also, if anyone has a picture of the T2 filled, that would help out as well. I'm looking for another messenger, I have the LOOM, but would like another bag. 'Cause you never can have too many bags! :)

Gayletmomto4
06-03-2004, 10:07 PM
Like your attitude!

Gayle

Smiles81
06-03-2004, 10:38 PM
By the way, type in timbuk2 on ebay with no spaces and you'll get many options. HTH
Smiles