PDA

View Full Version : Timbuk2 help, please - photos of you wearing? (and some size tips to share with you)

ginamlee
06-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Okay, I'm not kidding here, my oldest three have been asking me EVERY DAY about when their new school bags would be arriving. Today, we came home from an eye appointment, and the lady who cleans our house had brought in the mail and the box was on the dining table. The kids were BOUNCING until I could get that box open! I can't believe the excitement generated by a school bag!!!! (These kids get a new backpack, usually from LL Bean, every year, so I promise they are not deprived. They just had so much fun picking out the cool graphics from www.sierratradingpost.com!)

ANYWAY...we've never owned this type of bag and I'm curious about how it is supposed to fit on the body. I know, obviously, that the main strap goes across the body. Where is the bag supposed to sit? Along your side? Across your back? And, where should the bottom of the bag fall? Above your butt, I assume???

By the way, for those of you wondering about the size of these things:

I think that the Small would be plenty generous for a diaper bag. I would compare the storage space to about the size of a Lands End Do It All. It is a very generous bag. I got the small for my soon-to-be 1st grader and it is more than enough room. It could have been smaller, and it still would have been quite functional for an elementary student.

I got the Medium size for my 2 oldest kids. I can't really image using this size for a diaper bag unless I intended it for use while traveling (An excuse which makes me kinda want one...). This thing is really quite large. I would never think of using it as my every day bag. The Large must be truly enormous.

Anyway, if anyone could post a photo of a correctly worn Timbuk2, I would be very, very grateful!

Andrea5flk
06-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Gina

You have some beautiful children!!! I am trying to decide what size T2 to get so I think you really helped me out with not getting the medium!

Thanks, I have no pictures since I didnt get mine yet, but hope to have some soon!

Andrea

Melanie
06-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Thank you for the review. I have a question, though, which size do you think would be good for a laptop/briefcase-alternate.

bubbaray
06-05-2004, 07:48 PM
I have the medium (called an El Ocho) size and I agree, it is enormous. I have a (PINK!) Metro Mini on order (pick up tomorrow) from REI and think it is about the size of the LE Little Tripper.

Check out the T2 website for photos on how to wear the bags http://www.timbuk2.com/

HTH
Melissa

tobycat
06-07-2004, 12:39 PM
How to wear the bag:

Ideally the bag sits across your lower back above your butt. The main strap goes across the chest. The smaller additional straps go around your waist and tighten so the bag hugs your back. This combination puts less strain on your back. (Since the bags were originally made for bike messengers the shape and strap combination is much more comfortable than a backpack when you are hunched over the handle bars.)

Hope this helps!

ginamlee
06-07-2004, 12:52 PM
A laptop could easily fit in the small with some room left over for file folders or a couple of books.

If you need it for a lot more than just the laptop, I'd go for the medium.

ginamlee
06-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Thank you for that description. I'm sure I'll have a difficult time adjusting it as such for my 6 year old, however, that is definitely what I needed to know! :)