PDA

View Full Version : Comments on the Mid-City (Kalencom) Tote Diaper Bag?

heartnfree
06-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, although I've been lurking for a few days now :) I'm expecting my first baby in November and am gradually going through all the many categories of baby stuff to get.

Today I'm looking at diaper bags. I was wondering if any of you have tried the Mid-City Diaper Bag Tote made by Kalencom and have any comments?

Here's the link to the listing in Babies R Us (or go to the Diaper Bags section - it's on the first page):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000083JV8/qid=1086378570/br=1-2/ref=br_lf_ba_2//103-9576411-8314254?v=glance&s=baby&n=542428

I've looked at the other bags at Babies R Us, as well as checked out the bags that the Fields recommended in Baby Bargains at Lands End and Eddie Bauer, but I keep coming back to this one.

Basically, I don't want to pay more than $35, and I'm looking for something that is very functional but still stylish enough to use as a purse.

I work mostly from home part-time, so I would be using it for short shopping trips/errands/outings, and a few days a week I have to make a 30-minute trip into the studio where I work to meet clients.

With all that being said, do you think this is a good diaper bag in general, and would it be a good diaper bag for me?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Heather

c2lane
06-04-2004, 05:44 PM
I received this diaper bag as a shower gift and it's worked well for me. It's very roomy, several pockets for organization, inside and out. The faux leather is very durable, hides the dirt and cleans up easily. The changing pad is good size too.

A couple women in my mother's support group went out and bought the same bag they liked mine so much.

For the price I think it's a great diaper bag. However, since purchasing my WW diaper bag I haven't used but I'll probably bring it out in winter. A girl can never have too many diaper bags though.

~Carrie
mommy to Dillan Rose 01/02/04

heartnfree
06-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Thanks Carrie! I've put it on my shower registry so we'll see how things go. :)