PDA

View Full Version : What can you fit in a small timbuk2 bag?

Smiles81
06-07-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm considering getting a peewee (small) timbuk2 bag; what can you fit in it? What fits in the messenger/shortcut bag.
TIA
Smiles

kfcboston
06-07-2004, 11:59 AM
I have a Metro, which I think might be almost identical to the shortcut, and you'd be surprised how much you can fit in there! I like to travel light, so it works for me. The one thing I miss is the cell phone holder, which I can't bring myself to spend $15 for!!

I fit in the Metro' main compartment:

2 size 5 Pampers
plastic wipes container
vinyl changing pad
burp cloth
snack cup
sippy cup
couple toys
sweatshirt
cell phone

Then in the outside bottle pocket I usually put my water or the cell phone. There are also inner and outer pockets I use for my wallet, lip balm, meds, keys, etc.

HTH!

Momof3Labs
06-07-2004, 06:56 PM
The Shortcut space is much smaller than a Metro unless you are wearing it as a waistpack - otherwise the waistpack straps are stored in a back pocket that makes a big dent in your storage space.

A small T2 bag holds 2-3 diapers, wipes case, receiving blanket for diaper changes, and many assorted toys and snacks, plus a sippy cup, with some room to spare. It is smaller than many of the popular bags here, but still has plenty of room for a good half day trip. I like my small T2 bag a lot!

jamierush
06-08-2004, 10:52 AM
I use the Metro Mini for daycare and most of my day trips. It seems to hold a ton. I *believe* teh "pee-wee" is a bit bigger.

Here is what I have in my Metro this morning on the way to daycare.

2 size 5 diapers
travel wipes (not plastic container)
lite jacket
change of clothes short, t-shirt
hat
2 sippy cups
small snack container with cheerios
2 medium empty ziploc bags on the bottom

in the inside mesh pocket
tylenol
travel sunscreen
travel size lotion for me
purel

in side pocket, i keep my diaper coupons.

If I use it on the weekends I also can stash my cell phone,occasionaly my PDA, keys, and my silver case which i use for my cards, id and cash.

I will be getting a pee-wee sized bag for the winter, my metro is more summery colors, and if I need to bring a sweatshirt and/or jacket i would want more room.