PDA

View Full Version : Another Whimsical Wears review of bag and bibs (with pics)

pritchettzoo
06-07-2004, 10:52 PM
I wanted a bag that was wider and shorter than the 3 Peas tote, and here it is! Kim joked that I could probably carry a small animal inside, but I think Gracie's a little cuter...
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7362.jpg

As always, the workmanship is fabulous. I got a denim bottom and this bag is sturdy enough to carry ANYTHING! It's very substantial. There are tons of pockets inside and a paci clip and a key doodle. Straps are the perfect length... And no, I'm not really going to carry Gracie around in it, I just took the picture to be silly--so no safety warnings please! ;)

Also, some little soft-shoed ;) elves (THANK YOU!) added two bibs to my order to match the bags. They're lined with super-soft chenille and Gracie will be ever-so-stylish when we eat out. I think Kim might be adding these to her site, so I recommend the bibs as well as the bags.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7363.jpg

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

ETA a link to the site www.whimsicalwears.com (I hate reviews without a link!)

papal
06-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Gorgeous Baby!
Gorgeous Bag!
Gorgeous Bibs!

Wow.. the fabrics are simply out of this world beautiful!

khakismom
06-07-2004, 11:02 PM
I love the patterns you have picked out for your bags Anna! Just fabulous! And Gracie looks very stylin' in her new matching bibs. :)

petersmom
06-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Anna,
Everything is is adorable from Gracie to your beautiful bag and bibs!!
Simply FOUR STAR QUALITY!
\
Stephanie

boys2enough
06-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Well, all the praise words have been used by the previous PPs. So I am going to just say:

DITTO THE ABOVE!!!! :)

Oh, Anna, thou with discerning good taste in diaper bags, could I ask you a question:

Do you think using denim or canvas for the interior makes the bag stiffer? Or it doesn't make any difference since Kim uses this super secret interfacing of hers? I am trying to decide the interior for my 2nd bag and would prefer to have a stiffer bag this time around. Thank you!

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

Dscvrlifewith3
06-08-2004, 12:44 AM
If you pick decorator weight fabrics it makes it stiffer. For Anna's bag there is double of the secret stabilizer and deco bond.

The reason I double it was due to the size of the bag. It is wider but shorter than the Windsor.

parkersmama
06-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Beautiful! Love the bag, bibs, and especially baby! :)

cinrein
06-08-2004, 07:41 AM
Beautiful! Gracie is just the cutest. The bags and bibs are great too!

Cindy and Anna February 2003

lmladuke
06-08-2004, 05:26 PM
REally pretty bag! The bibs look awesome (and your daughter is a cute model!!) They look really big. Now I want one to match my bag...hmmm I have not received my bag yet - maybe a bib will mysteriously appear with my bag..ha ha
Lori

pritchettzoo
06-08-2004, 07:23 PM
The bibs were a gift from some sweet BBB friends as a thank you for something I organized. I realized it might sound like it was some sort of gift from Kim for praising her bags, and I just wanted to clarify! My endorsement of her bags is that of an unpaid consumer! :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

lmladuke
06-08-2004, 08:38 PM
I definate did not think Kim gave them to you for praising her bags - I think if she gave bibs to everyone who praised her bags on this board, she would be making LOTS of bibs - as everyone seems really pleased with their bags. Seriously though, it does look like a nice, substantial bib - if she starts making them I would be on the list to buy them
Lori

Dscvrlifewith3
06-08-2004, 09:07 PM
We do make them. they were offered during the coop and on the website.
:)

Kim

lrucci
06-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Anna,

I love your bag, it looks great!! You also have an adorable model!!! Gracie looks adorable (and very happy) in her new bib!!

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03

doubleL
06-09-2004, 12:19 AM
I love the bag and babe!!

I know I am a super sleepy head but what size/style is it?

Thanks and enjoy!

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03

lmladuke
06-09-2004, 09:11 AM
I don't think I noticed that - then again, I spent so much time just trying to decide which style bag I wanted that to have the option of a bib would have set me over the edge :) Oh well, since I am now thinking of ordering a tote I can always place the bib order with that as well. They're very nice. Hope you are feeling better Kim. STrep throat is the pits!

Lori

houseof3boys
06-09-2004, 10:09 AM
So cute!!!! Love the pic of Gracie in the bag. :)

supercalifragilous
06-09-2004, 02:15 PM
How do the bibs close in the back? Are they Velcro or snap or tie?

I like how it covers the whole chest!

Dscvrlifewith3
06-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Velcro.

Anna would have to measure how big it is but its made to be adjustable.

supercalifragilous
06-09-2004, 05:19 PM
OK, now I'm thinking about ordering bibs...

Kim,
Can you make them longer? I was thinking about ordering a Crumb Chum but they're $12.95 and I've never seen one IRL so I don't know how well-made they are...

How much are Whimsical Wears bibs? How much fabric (yards) do you need?

Actually, could you custom make one that's extra long and wide at the bottom (to cover & wrap around her legs in the high chair since she wipes everything on her pants) and possibly one that's extra long with elasticized sleeves (like a painter's smock)?

During the summer DD's in a onesie anyway and I can wipe her arms down but as it gets colder and she wears long-sleeved clothes she gets food/sauce all on her cuffs & sleeves even when I roll them up! UGH!!

If you can make the bibs with laminate I could just wipe it down and wouldn't have to wash so much but I guess I could just order extra!

What materials do you use for backing? Chenille, terry, oilcloth-like material (to make it waterproof)??

Now that DD is eating solids a little more successfully I'm a bib freak!

pritchettzoo
06-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Have you tried emailing Kim directly from her website? I just don't want her to get in "trouble" from the Fields like some other retailers have recently. I imagine it's hard to walk the line between answering questions and promoting your products...

Here's her site and a current coupon code:
www.whimsicalwears.com
15% off Coupon Code valid until June 30th 207040100

Just a thought--sorry to butt in! :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)