PDA

View Full Version : got my Whimsical Wears bag with the roses fabric

stillplayswithbarbies
06-08-2004, 12:54 AM
What a week this has been! Everyone else got their bags a week ago, but for some reason, the USPS had mine hidden somewhere and it finally turned up today! Kim and I were both afraid it was lost forever, but I am so glad it arrived safely.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7391.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7392.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7393.jpg

Notice that cloth diapers fit in the pockets! That is a Firefly and a SugarPlum Baby diaper in the pockets. There is room to stack more diapers on the bottom. Even my sling fits in a pocket, that is a Maya Pouch. I think I might not use that changing pad because it is almost too tall for this bag. The wipes and one emergency disposable diaper are rolled up inside that changing pad, and it still fits in the pocket. There is room in the center for the yellow bottle cooler that came with my free hospital bag, or for some toys or maybe both.

This bag is awesome! It's very well made and sturdy. The only thing I would change is I wish the button closure was elastic so I could overstuff this and still have it button, but I'm sure this will work fine.

I can't wait to get my backpack! I hope the post office does a better job delivering it than they did with this one. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

murpheyblue2
06-08-2004, 01:01 AM
Very cool!! I love the rose fabric - it's so pretty. I got a WW bag with roses and stripes too.

parkersmama
06-08-2004, 01:27 AM
Karen, your bag turned out gorgeous! It's even more beautiful put together than the fabric swatches you showed...great choices! I'm also impressed that the CDs fit in the pockets. :) Cool. Can't wait to see the backpack!

LD92599
06-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Karen:

I LOVE the bag...the fabrics are gorgeous! Enjoy...glad the USPS finally came through!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

petersmom
06-08-2004, 08:40 AM
Beautiful, Makes you kind of want to smell the roses!
Enjoy!
Stephanie

yellowdogmom
06-08-2004, 09:54 AM
Beautiful!!!

What "model" is your bag? I'm already thinking about my next WW bag!

stillplayswithbarbies
06-08-2004, 10:25 AM
It's the Windsor, I think. I'm pretty sure I asked Kim to make it a little taller and with longer straps.

I wanted the Windsor so it would be sturdy enough to pack it heavy (because of the extra stiffening), and it sure is. But the bag is so light when it is empty that even when I carry all the stuff I am used to, it feels like less.

Tonight is our first outing with the new bag, we're going to my son's band concert at school. That means taking snacks for the baby, plus some toys to keep her busy. I'm looking forward to showing it off!

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Mikesa3
06-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Beautiful bag.Great fabric choices.Enjoy.:-)
Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

pritchettzoo
06-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Your bag is lovely! I can't wait for your backpack review. I *really* don't need another bag...

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

boys2enough
06-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Gorgeous bag! Gorgeous combination. If I didn't see this irl, I would even think of combining the stripes with the rose pattern. They work great together! It is very weird how much I love the flowery fabric on Kim's bags, and I dislike flowery patterns. lol.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

miki
06-08-2004, 03:38 PM
So pretty! I was already a purse collector pre-baby. These diaper bag reviews are so dangerous.

lrucci
06-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Karen,
Your bag is beautiful. I'm so glad you finally received it. I can't wait to get mine. Hopefully I won't have to wait much longer. That's what I get for ordering at the last moment.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03

stillplayswithbarbies
06-09-2004, 12:28 AM
I just have to show this picture. DH likes this bag so much that he carries it! He says he will take it on Fridays when he takes Logan to Kindermusik! I offered to order another in a more manly fabric, but he nixed that idea. :(

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/7444.jpg

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Dscvrlifewith3
06-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Karen Your husband ROCKS!

cinrein
06-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Karen,

Your bag is gorgeous, as is your DD! (Love her little outfit.)

This is a great pic! My husband would not touch a flowery bag. If only he knew how sexy it is to see a man with a girly diaper bag and a cute baby!

Cindy and Anna February 2003

supercalifragilous
06-09-2004, 02:22 PM
How does Logan like Kindermusik? Is it really fun for them at this age? I was thinking about taking DD to it but didn't know if it was worth the money....

mlewis
06-09-2004, 02:29 PM
I love your bag! It is beautiful!! I also love the picture with your husband - mine would NEVER carry a diaper bag that is not black - unfortunately for me! Oh, well - I'll just keep on with my handbag addiction instead.

Buzymommy5
06-09-2004, 08:06 PM
karen...what type of font did you use?

thanks
chris

stillplayswithbarbies
06-09-2004, 11:14 PM
she loves it. I wasn't sure either before we went, but it's basically dancing around with her and singing, and they get to play with different types of musical things like rattles or bells. If I had known more about it, I would have started at birth. (for the exposure to rhythm and music and motion)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

stillplayswithbarbies
06-09-2004, 11:15 PM
for the monogram? I don't know, I just told Kim to make it in script. I wanted it frilly and fancy and girly.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

houseof3boys
06-10-2004, 10:29 AM
The pockets are awesome with the CD's! I hate how they never fit and you have to smush them down or just put them at the bottom of the bag.

It's really a nice looking bag Karen. :)

candybomiller
06-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Karen,

I'm a little late to the thread, but your bag is absolutely gorgeous! I am so in love with the bags Kim makes, but yours really stands out. And Logan is adorable!