PDA

View Full Version : What diaper bags do you consider to be "medium-sized"?

urbanmama
06-10-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm still trying to find a diaper bag and I'm having the hardest time. I love the pink stripe Mothership, but it is too big. Since I am not able to see all of these bags IRL, I thought I could get some opinions on which ones would be considered medium-sized. I've looked at the dimensions of all of these bags, but it gets confusing because one might be 2" narrower but 1" taller or 2" deeper. UGH! I need help!

I'm considering getting an Alpha 7. I'm also looking at the Chester Diaper Tote Bags and Classic Diaper Bags. Would any of these be considered medium-sized? Any other suggestions? Please!!!!

Marie

candybomiller
06-10-2004, 01:49 PM
I can help you by telling you what I consider big or small, but don't know if I've come across a medium.

Large:
Mothership
LE DIA
T2 Commuter
Loom Marsupial - haven't seen irl, but looks big

Small:
Escape Pod
LE LT

Medium:
My Gap backpack was a medium I think. It was tall, but not wide.
Maybe skip hop? Mine hasn't arrived yet(actually haven't ordered yet) but seems mediumish.

I think the alpha 7 is comprable to the mothership from what I've read. Don't know anything about Chester. Sorry.

blnony
06-10-2004, 02:15 PM
I have the Chester Tote Classic Diaper Bag, and I absolutely hands down love this bag. I have gone through so many diaper bags, and this is the best bag I've ever had.
Its lightweight, even when stuffed, it expands if you need it to, but even when I only have a little bit in it nothing gets lost, its normal sized. I can't really explain it very well. Its cute, easy to clean, organized and the perfect size. The straps are great, stay on the shoulder easily...I could go and on. But since i've found this bag, I'm hardly ever in the forum anymore because I finally found "the one." :D
If you are looking for a handmade bag, the WW Elizabeth tote is a great medium size too. I use this one for somethings, and its a great medium size IMO.

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
06-10-2004, 02:40 PM
I consiser the Marsupial and Alpha 7 Medium sized (for me!). I say this because I have both of those and a Mothership - and I can fit much more in the Mothership. I can fit the same amount of gear in both the Alpha 7 and the Marsupial. I enjoy both my Marsupial and Alpha 7 - so I'd give both the thumbs up. Both have great organization and are well made.
Good Luck!

lmariana
06-10-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm with Gretchen. Both the Marsupial and Alpha 7 are good medium sized bags. I LOVE my Alpha 7! I think in comparison, the Chester Classic Diaper Tote is a little larger than an Alpha 7, but still an awesome bag. My Chester Diaper backpack is also a nice medium size.

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

parkersmama
06-10-2004, 06:07 PM
The Marsupial is a large bag to me. It felt like I was carrying a suitcase! :) Other larges are LE DIA and Mothership. I have a Sally Spicer and an ISM XL tote and I consider both of them to be
large bags.

I would consider the Chester Diaper tote to be a medium sized bag. It's not nearly as long as the Marsupial or the Mothership. The LE Little Tripper is small to medium. I have a Very Bradley Carry All that I think of as a medium bag.

The only bags I have that I would consider small are not ones that are mass-marketed. I have a small bucket-style diaper bag that I consider small. It holds a couple of toys, a few disposable dipes and a wipe case, a sippy, and a snack cup. That's it. We use it for church. :)

maddio
06-10-2004, 06:40 PM
I'm still in search of the perfect medium-sized diaper bag myself.

I had the Chester Diaper Tote but it was a bit too big for me.
I also had another Chester Tote which was smaller than the Classic Diaper Bag but I thought that one was too small.

I am currently using the Chester Diaper Backpack regularly - it's not too big but still holds a lot. I also use the Prada messenger bag - it holds a lot but doesn't look all that big and it's very lightweight. For me, any tote with a length larger than 11" is considered a large bag.

I saw the Skip Hop and that seemed a bit too big for me, as well as the Kecci Diaper backpack and the Kalencom bag.

Let us know if you ever find the perfect medium-sized bag.

Linda
Maddy's mama
05/24/03

urbanmama
06-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Thanks to everyone for all of the advice/suggestions. I decided to go ahead and order a Chester Classic Diaper Bag and a Chester Backpack. I'm planning to return one of the two after I see which will work better for me. I think I'm also going to order a WW bag. Hopefully, these bags will work for me!

Thanks again!

Marie

Lucian and Gabriels Mommy
06-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Mariana,
What do you think of the backpack and tote? Are they keepers? I still like that black backpack and keep contemplating re-ordering it! Although the Ditsy Stripe backpack may be my fav. Any pics?
Thanks!

MamaKath
06-12-2004, 11:07 PM
Post pictures when you get these if you would. I have been so curious about them and the organization but can't justify ordering just to see (justify to dh). :-( So if you can, pack em up and post some shots. :-)

TIA~

urbanmama
06-13-2004, 12:50 AM
No problem. I'd be happy to. I should receive them next week and then I'll post pics!

Marie