PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop - thinking of returning

masetane
06-10-2004, 04:36 PM
So 4 weeks later, I finally took my red skip hop out of the bag. I'm not so sure its for me anymore. I love everything about it except the simple fact of having to switch over the handles from shoulder style to stroller style. Is anyone else finding this to be a pain? It's a great idea but I'm not so sure its for me. Hopefully I can find the receipt or else I'll have ebay it and lose money.
Tahnks in advance for any advice
caroline

marnay
06-10-2004, 08:30 PM
I love my Skip Hop bag! but I only use it as a stroller bag. I don't carry it like I would a reg. diaper bag. I use it on my E3 and my Quest, it saves me basket space. I keep it in the car and just keep it stocked with all the kids things. I use a purse or clutch type bag for my stuff.

For what it is, I think it is great! I don't think it is a wonderful carry bag, too skinny and can't stand on it's own.

masetane
06-10-2004, 10:51 PM
You know when I bought it, it was for the intent of just having it for the stroller. I would put it on a Mac TEchno. Assumingn I don't fill it to the brim, can I just fold up my stroller with it on? Right now I have the Mac Organizer which is ok. The drink cup thing is useless b/c they lean over too much due to the soft material but its basic enough to have an extra catch all bag there. Skip Hop would replace that but maybe I don't really need it. I just got wowed with all the pockets!
caroline

boys2enough
06-11-2004, 12:20 AM
I will come out and admit that I am lazy. lol. That is one of the reasons why I returned my Skip Hop. I just can't see myself messing around with the straps whenever I need to convert it from the stroller bag to a shoulder bag or vise versa. I also know that it will drive me crazy b/c the bag does not stand on its own.

That being said, I can see why so many moms love the bag. If I were living in the city, had to walk everywhere with my stroller, and had a stroller "open and ready" all the time, I would keep the Skip Hop. Since I bought it thinking it could replace the Combi Urban Sling as my main diaper bag (dislike the Combi US because I can't hang it on my Vogue), the Skip Hop did not fit the bill for me.

Can you use the Skip Hop mainly as a stroller bag and not as your main diaper bag? Think: you can now carry your pre-baby handbags! :) btw, I have seen a picture in one of the posts showing the bag attached to a CLOSED stroller. HTH.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif