PDA

View Full Version : size of skip hop versus combi urban sling

JenaW
06-10-2004, 08:46 PM
For those of you who were lucky enough to snag a skip hop on the group order, or from Marilyn, can anyone compare the size to an urabn sling. I WANT a skip hop. I already have the urban sling, which DH uses all the time. It is fine now that DS is older, but not sure it will be big enough to hold stuff for a newborn AND toddler. Is the skip hop bigger?

Thanks

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03
Cautiously pregnant with #2 ~ EDD 10.13.04

masetane
06-10-2004, 10:42 PM
HI sorry I can't comment on the bag you already have but I do have a Skip HOp. Even though mine still has the tags on it, I did fill it up with a toddler and baby stuff just fine. Diapers wipes toys drinks snack. It's pretty deep. I'm actually thinking of returning b/c its too deep but my receipt expired!
caroline

boys2enough
06-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Hi, I have both, or rather, I had the Skip Hop but returned it. The Combi US is my only diaper bag for now. I would say size wise FROM OUTSIDE, the Skip Hop is not bigger than the Combi sling, I would say they are roughly the same size. The Combi Sling is definitely heavier.

However, I feel that you can cramp more stuff into the Skip Hop. You know how when you cram too much stuff into either the main compartment or the Flap on the Combi Sling, the whole bag looks funny, esp. when you sling it and it rests on your bottom? Since the Skip Hop has a regular shape (like a regular shoudler bag), I feel that it does not turn into this weird shape when crammed with stuff. (I hope I am making sense here. lol)

IMO, you will need a different bag for 2 kids. Right now I can barely fit in a 4 oz. Avent bottle in there along with his Playtex Insulator sippy cup, and I am not a heavy packer at all. I usually have my pocket book, snacks in ziplock bags, NO toys since DS does not play with toys. Sippy cup inside the "thermo compartment." I have 2 size 5 diapers and wipe case inside the flap. For the 2 pockets underneath I have disposable bibs, spoon and fork, and Table Topper, and emergency stuff such as Tylenol.

I feel I only have room for something flat for the main compartment now. Adding an Avent bottle makes the bag look funny.

HTH.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

momma_boo
06-11-2004, 10:00 AM
I currently have the combi urban sling (was our one and only diaper bag for over 14 months). I recently ordered the skip hop from Marilyn. If you want me to, I'll post some pics after I get the skip hop (no clue when it'll get here, though).

JenaW
06-12-2004, 10:21 AM
ok - i just posted and lost it???

SIGH

Yes, Esther, that would be rgeat if you could post pics.

Also, can anyone wiht one tell me if the strap is long enuf to use messenger style (and does the bag work that way) or not?

Thanks

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03
Cautiously pregnant with #2 ~ EDD 10.13.04

newmommah2004
06-15-2004, 07:23 AM
Hi,

I have the Skip Hop bag and you can definitely make the strap longer and use it messenger style. I'm not 100% crazy about the Skip Hop even though it can hold alot of stuff. The middle compartment is very deep and things can get lost in it. And if you put too much stuff in the two zippered pockets, it's even harder to get in the middle compartment so you have to watch how much stuff you put in there.

On a positive note, it is very organized and DH loves the fact that you can strap it onto the stroller or shopping cart. I wish it was easier to do this though. Once you take the strap off, you have to put it in the bag and make sure it doesn't get lost!

I think I'll be looking for another bag, maybe the T2 bag. It's not as deep and it looks really roomy. Wish it had a zipper top though instead of a flap. O well... still in search of the perfect diaper bag...

-Susana