PDA

View Full Version : What color Alpha 7 to get???

momtoemma
06-12-2004, 03:42 PM
I think I want an Alpha 7 bag and can't make up my mind as to color. I love the red, but most of my other dipe bags are red, and I'd really love to have something different. I've got a pink mothership on order so that rules out the pink alpha 7 as I don't want 2 bags in the same color. I prefer the looks of the fabric bags rather than the coated/vinyl ones, but I am thinking about the blue/chocolate combination. Do you think it's appropriate for a mom of 2 girls to carry a light blue bag? Also, has the fiesta stripe been discontinued? I love love love that pattern but tend to think of it more as a fall bag. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

lmariana
06-12-2004, 11:44 PM
I have the blue chocolate Alpha 7 and LOVE it! I tend to like the waterproof/vimyl bags more though, personally. I did own and sell the Fiesta Stripes Alpha 7. It's a very cute print! I just thought it was too "fall" and I wanted a spring/summer bag. :)

I've seen the red in person, and it looks sharp, but the interior is black, which scared me away. The blue chocolate alpha 7 isn't like the mothership one with the vinyl coating; it has more of a smooth, laminated feel to it, not an extra layer of vinyl, if that makes a difference...

Good luck with your decision!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Chelsey333
06-13-2004, 10:09 AM
I agree with Mariana, the Blue Chocolate is a great color! I also like the Fiesta Stripes. But I like the Blue Choc over the Fiesta. I have the Blue Choc in the Mothership and love it. But maybe you would like the Fiesta whereas you already bought a pink Mothership. I think a blue bag is fine with 2 girls. I buy my diaper bags for what I wear. I have 2 boys, but would have no problem wearing a pink diaper bag.

Gayletmomto4
06-13-2004, 11:07 PM
Mariana,
I have been eying the Alpha 7 as well but haven't been able to see it, other than in the red, IRL. I did see the Mothership in the blue chocolate but am not sure about the plastic coating. Do I understand correctly that the Alpha 7 blue chocolate is not as much like 2 seperate layers (the blue and the plastic) but more like one plastic coated layer of fabric? I hope I am making sense here!

What color is the blue chocolate interior?

Also, didn't you write once that the Alpha 7 and the Marsupial hold roughly the same amount of gear?

I have the diaper bag bug bad!

Thanks!

momtoemma
06-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Not Mariana here, but you are correct about the fabric. On the Alpha 7, the blue chocolate is more of a coated fabric. It's not like the mothership bag where you see the fabric and it is covered by a clear vinyl. I am also uncertain whether I'd be happy with this type of fabric. I believe the interior is chocolate brown in color. I just can't decide!!!

ladywithasong
06-20-2004, 11:53 AM
I got the Orange Alpha 7 and love it (baby isn't due until Aug, but I'm personally very excited about getting to wear it ! Comments on functionality will have to wait a while).

I went for the orange b/c I liked the fabric. Had they sold the red in cord, I would've gone that route. I just wanted something 'different' in terms of fabric. Orange actually coordinates with many different colours... I wear lots of black and other neutrals, so I figured I'd be safe :-)

The Fiesta is lovely - it also reminds me of Fall.