PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose between...

Truska
06-13-2004, 09:11 AM
a PPB Toddler Tote and the Boxy Backpack, which would you choose? Why?

A little background, as I've rarely posted here (I read alot though!). I have two daughters, one is 2.5 years old, and is potty-trained. I haven't been carrying any extra clothing for her, so likely won't start (might keep it in the car though). I also have a (almost) 14 month old daughter, who is (obviously) still in diapers. So, a typical bag for me consists of:
~3-4 disposable diapers
~small, soft package of wipes
~some diaper cream, hand lotion (basically, a small makeup bag with both of our stuff)
~two sippy cups
~some snacks for the girls
~a canister of those antibacterial wipes (I could likely get a smaller package, really)
~my (small) wallet
~cell phone
~a couple of other small, makeup type items

So, I don't carry a whole lot, and tend to pack minimalistically. This would be a bag to use sort of as a combo purse/diaper bag for shorter trips out. Basically, it would be my everyday bag.

Thoughts? Opinions? What do you have? Are you pleased?

Thank you!

Chelsey333
06-13-2004, 10:04 AM
I haven't seen a PPB bag, but I have read that they are very large. So I think it would probably be too big for your needs. That being said, I am not sure which bag would be good for a purse/diaper bag combo. Before my 2nd was born, I was just carrying around a 9West purse/backpack combo. It had enough outside pockets for toys, sippy cup, and snack. Then I used the inside of the bag for my stuff. But you need enough for 2 sippy cups and snacks - maybe small 'I'm Still Me' Tote would be sufficient. You can check those out at imstillme.com

newmom03
06-13-2004, 10:29 AM
I have the PPB Mango boxy backpack. Even though it's not the most practical diaper bag in the world I love it! It really sounds to me like you should get the backpack. Mine is packed to the brim with 3-4 diapers, wipes, very small insulated bag for food, quick-straw cup, sunscreen, cell phone, travel pack of antibacterial wipes and the occasional misc. small stuff. It's a roomy bag, but not to big to carry and I love being able to wear it as a back pack to keep my hands free.

Be warned though, the fabric is delicate. It can snag pretty easily. I got my first snag on the 2nd day I used it and I thought I was being careful :-( I wish they'd put little metal "feet" on the bottom to protect it.

At the age of your girls, the changing pad would be useless, but it makes a great pocket when it's not in use.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your decision. BTW, I got a great deal on mine, brand new on Ebay. Don't forget to look there first.

Melissa

JenCA
06-13-2004, 03:55 PM
I have a 10-month old and I use the PPB toddler tote for quick trips. Here's what I carry in it:

*3-4 diapers
*thin package of wipes
*diaper creme
*formula dispenser
*bottle
*burp cloth/small washcloth
*small pkg. of antibacterial hand wipes
*pacifier
*a couple of small toys
*snack cup (for cheerios or whatnot)
*my wallet, cell phone, and makeup bag
*an extra outfit or sweater for DD

So, I can really cram a lot in there! I bought the toddler tote instead of the backpack because I already have a medium-sized diaper bag that I use for longer trips. HTH!