PDA

View Full Version : Which Diaper Bag would you choose

hellokitty1
06-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Okay, I'm looking for a more functional diaper bag for upcoming an trip to NJ and then a longer trip to Hawaii. I'm debating between this Eagle Creek diaper bag:
http://www.eaglecreek.com/60075.html

Or this one from Safeline Kids:
http://www.ebags.com/safeline_kids/timberline_diaper_backpack/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=9223

I am familar with Eagle Creek products and they are of good quality. I'm not as familiar with Safeline. The pictures aren't really comparable since EC offers a picture of the front pocket but no inside bag picture. And on the flip side, the Safeline has a decent picture in the inside but no picture of the outer pockets.

And the EC costs twice as much. Is it worth it?

I'd appreciate your thoughts on either of these bags. Thanks.

Jsher
06-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi,

I don't have either of those bags, but the eagle creek one is at Sierra Trading Post.com for $39.99. Go thru fatwallet for a rebate.
There may even be codes. Sierra also has some Timbuk2 bags.

I would suggest also the Ameribag Healthy back Baby Bag. I love it.
I also have a Baby Sherpa bag that would be great on a long plane trip.

Do a search for most of these bag names, & you'll see what most people think of them. Also try the yahoo babybags swap site.

Jodi

hellokitty1
06-15-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the tip Jodi. I see the Eagle Creek is probably last year's colors which makes no difference to me.

I'm going to continue researching before I take the plunge.

Gosh, I love the great information I can get on these boards!

Ami
06-16-2004, 10:51 AM
I would definitely recommend the Baby Sherpa. On a long plane ride the cooler portion is terrific for snacks, bottles and drinks. The were featured in Parenting Magazine June Issue for best outdoor gear. The website is www.babysherpa.com

I know a lot of Moms who have travelled swear by their Baby Sherpas, I definitely don't leave home on a long trip without mine!

Ami

hellokitty1
06-16-2004, 05:04 PM
Thank you Ami. I have heard the bag mentioned quite a bit on the site. I do have one question about it. It appears to be especially geared towards travel more so than a run to the mall or whatever. Is that a fair statement? It seems like it would be good on my long plane ride but then I'll be at my destination for ten days and I'm concerned it'll be bulky and out of place for my daily outings. So that's why I kind of steered away from it.

I'l keep in mind though.

Jeanmick
06-16-2004, 05:08 PM
I have the older Eagle Creek diaper bag (it's in blue on the website you've given as a link). I bought it because, like you, I'm a big EC backpack fan. Honestly, though, I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with this bag. I bought it back in 2000 and used it for a few months, but then switched to a different bag after I didn't really need to carry as much. To me, it wasn't as comfortable as their other non-diaperbag backpacks. As a matter of fact, when we go on trips to the amusement park, I use my other EC backpack and stuff it with what we need for the day, and it works just fine. Much more comfortable.

I described the interior of the diaper bag in this post:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=14&topic_id=15749&mesg_id=15749&listing_type=search

While I don't have this pack, I would take a closer look at the Baby Sherpa backpack (a previous poster mentioned this pack). This may be what you're looking for.

HTH!

hellokitty1
06-16-2004, 05:17 PM
That's previous discussion was really helpful. Thanks.

I'm really in a quadry about this one. I'm debating if I should get the EC and Sherpa off ebags through the "no shipping" special and then when I decide which one I want, buy the EC from Sierra Trading Post (closeout sepcial) or ebags with the the Friends and Family discount. And just return the free shipping ones.

Am I being lame here?

Jeanmick
06-16-2004, 05:32 PM
No. I think it's really hard to decide what you want until you see/try it out IRL. :)

Ami
06-21-2004, 11:23 PM
Hi,

sorry for the late reply I was in Minneapolis for a few days. We used the Sherpa bag every day for a day bag for our 3 year old. This include Mall of America and Camp Snoopy. It is great held my purse, snacks, video and digital camera, Clothes etc. My husband went to a street rod outdoor run and took it for the day with all of the video gear, beverages for him and our daughter, snacks, extra clothes, sunscreen, first aid kit,etc. He used the change pad to sit on the ground with and the bungee X held their jackets. The ergonomic design makes it comfy to carry full of gear. The water resistance was tested on the log ride (we went 5 times!). Our vacations always seem to have a lot of activities so the Sherpa works great.

Hope this helps,

Ami