PDA

View Full Version : Bag for CDing

kijip
06-15-2004, 10:58 AM
We are switching to cloth diapers and I am thinking that the Bjorn clamshell I am using now may be too small with the added bulk and the dirty diapers for longer trips where I need toys, clothes, a book and the like. Any thoughts on a good bag for cloth vs. disposible diapers for all day trips? I would want to spend no more than $60 and I need a bag in black. Thanks in advance.

Momof3Labs
06-15-2004, 11:15 AM
For all day trips, I would suggest putting the dirty diapers elsewhere - either run them back to the car or keep them in a separate bag. Personally, I find it gross to keep dirty cloth dipes in the same bag as baby's food stuff, bottles, toys, etc. And, honestly, a bag to hold a day's worth of cloth dipes would be HUGE. You might want to add a second bag for just cloth dipes on all-day trips (both clean and dirty ones) and continue to use your Bjorn for everything else.

We cloth diaper full-time at home and for short trips out of the house, but continue to use disposables when out and about for the reduced bulk and ease of disposal, quite honestly.

stillplayswithbarbies
06-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Something like the Baby Sherpa would be big enough.

What I usually do for all day outings is keep an empty kitty litter pail in the car to put the dirty diapers in, with my Bummis wetbag inside it.

For short trips, I have a big ziploc bag that will hold 2 or 3 cloth diapers.

I am using a Whimsical Wears bag now, and it has room for 3 or 4 diapers. That's good for a 6 to 12 hour trip, depending on poops. I keep two "emergency" disposables in my diaper bag, just in case.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kijip
06-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Keeping them seperate sounds like the best idea. Thanks for the ideas! I will still look for a larger bag since we will hopefully have another baby soon and diapers for two (or training pants for one and diapers for one!) will be quite a lot.