PDA

View Full Version : Does this Zolo sling match the Petunia Picklebottom backpack?

tigalig
06-18-2004, 05:55 PM
We may be going to a hollywood wedding in the fall (don't even ask how we ended up invited to such an event - it's a long story and I'm totally against the idea of travelling the distance with a three year old and a seven month old) so I'm toying around with the idea of buying a really nice diaper bag so as to not look out of place. Well, you know, I need a nanny too but that's probably out of the travel budget! Because our children are of Asian descent, I love the Petunia Picklebottom backpacks (though I think they're probably too fancy and fragile for everyday use) and I came across this sling and wondered if it matched:

http://www.zolowear.com/product_detail.asp?productlineid=1&productid=2&colorid=43

I know, most of you may not care for the match-y look, but I think I might like it. Does anyone have the PPB in this green brocade? Can you tell me if it looks identical to the zolo sling?

Ida

*Edited* to say that it's the Avocado Roll backpack I'm wondering about...

lmariana
06-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Wow, that is a gorgeous sling! I haven't seen the PPB in person, but I think those two would be fabulous together!!! Now you just need the matching shoes... :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

JenCA
06-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Hmm...the picture of the sling and the fabric swatch don't really look like the same color. The swatch looks more olive-y (which would match the PPB bag better), while the photo makes the fabric appear to be more of a shamrock green. I noticed that you can request up the three fabric swatches from Zolo before you make your fabric selection. If there are any stores near you that carry the PPB bags, I'd request the green cherry blossom fabric from Zolo and then take it to the store to see if it matches the avocado roll bag.

SASM
06-20-2004, 01:45 PM
You can view a larger, close-up photo of the sling by clicking on "larger image" under the green sling photo. You can see the sling in a lot more detail.

Sorry to say it is not the same as it has gold flowers and no bamboo. The greens are different too ~ by looking at the PPB, IRL the Zolo green is a little lighter and not as brown. I have this sling with WHITE flowers, though, and it is GORGEOUS! I think that would be a better match since the Avocado Roll has white flowers.

I am actually selling my sling and, if you'd like, I can email you more info. Let me know. I am not on the boards very often so you can email me using the "email" icon in the upper righthand corner. :) Good luck with the decision and have a blast at the wedding :)

ETA: I tried attaching a larger photo of the sling but, for some reason, it didn't display :(

emmiem
06-20-2004, 02:05 PM
You know, I wouldn't match. The greens are a little different and it would look too much like you were trying too hard. I would go for a black, white, or another more neutral sling. Sometimes too much asian print can be hard on the eye too.
Michele

tigalig
06-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Thank you all for your candid and very helpful replies. I'm still not sure what I'll do besides refuse to attend, but if I go I now know matching might be tricky. I had not even considered the fact that it would affect the outfit I have to wear so I'll probably stick to my usual mostly neutral and one thing out of the ordinary (which will have to be the PPB, I think). Thanks again.

Ida

*Edited* to say that PBB says the fabrics do not match.

tangerinetots
06-22-2004, 11:40 PM
I used to have the Avocado Roll bag and this print is different. It's lighter than the PPB bag and the PPB bag has Asian characters in addition to the cherry blossom print. Hope this helps.