PDA

View Full Version : Alpha 7 owners advice needed please...

masetane
06-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Hi - I think I would like to get a Fleurville bag - I'm just loving the Blue Chocolate. I can't seem to find an Alpha 7 in real life - just the Mothership. I think the Mothership might be a little too big for me and I'm not sure if I am crazy about the plastic coating. Someone told me that the Alpha 7 is not as plastic. Is that true? Anyone out there who has an Alpha 7 - love it/hate it? Thanks.
caroline

DeborahM
06-19-2004, 12:34 AM
I have the blue/choc Alpha 7 bag and love it. It's more "glossy" than shiny and feels more like fabric -- more subdued than the vinyl Mothership. I have a P3 that I attach the bag to w/ carbiners, which works great. It has lots of pockets. I really like the key clip - saves me oodles of time finding those darn keys. The only negative about this bag is that the gerber sippy cups I use don't fit easily in the outside pockets. I have everything from my other large tote in this, and there's still room for more.

In it I have:
3 size 4 dipers & 3-4 bibsters in one pocket
travel crayons, PDA, pens in another pocket
dirty bag, changing pad, wipes, coupon book in pocket
cell phone in outside pocket
gerber "sports" sippy in inside pocket
Fleurville wrist clutch w/ lipstick
wallet
cosmetic bag w/ tylenol, oragel, etc.
handful of small toys
quart-sized baggy with snacks and snack cup

Deborah
Mom to Thomas and soon-to-arrive baby girl
26 days and counting......

helaina
06-19-2004, 11:22 AM
I've seen the Alpha 7 bags in real life and no, they don't have that plastic coating that the Mothership bags have. The Alpha 7 is a little smaller and has a longer strap than the Mothership. There are photos of a model wearing the Alpha 7 on this website: http://store.yahoo.com/babyoliver/diaper-bag-lifestyles.html

jasabo
06-21-2004, 07:26 PM
I have a red Alpha 7 and I love it. It's not shiny at all - more of a backpack fabric, if that makes sense....not sure what it's called. I love the ability to wear it messenger, tote, or backpack style, and I can fit a LOT in it. I have twins, so I need lots of room. Inside the main compartment I have:

4 disposable diapers
1 disposable changing pad
travel wipes container
cloth diaper/burp cloth
2 disposable bibs
2 Avent bottles (1 in either outside side pocket)
1 bottle of water
1 bottle of juice
2 small Gladwear containers of snacks
1 makeup case for some of my things
Fleurville wrist bag

In the big outer back pocket I have 2 small toys for the boys

and in the 3 small outter pockets, I keep my cell phone, sunblock, etc.

I like this bag much better then the Mothership, which was too bulky for my taste, and I also couldn't carry it messenger style (I'm 5'8).

Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys

Truska
06-21-2004, 10:15 PM
Wow, after reading both of those replies, I'm impressed with how much you can fit in the Alpha! That's great! Thanks for posting this!

masetane
06-22-2004, 01:23 AM
It does not seem to be that much smaller than the Mothership in these pictures. Can anyone comment - big difference???
caroline

helaina
06-28-2004, 06:35 PM
> I have a P3 that I attach the bagto w/ carbiners

What are carbiners and where can I get them?