PDA

View Full Version : Now Available! LE DIA w/shoulder strap!

Emmas Mom
06-20-2004, 02:10 PM
I got an e-mail from Lands End customer service & was told that the new DIA with the shoulder strap is available. They are NOT on the website or catalogs yet but the item number is 97452D10. I already ordered one so they are in stock. They have navy, blue teal, deep claret, red & MAYBE black (I can't remember). The gentleman I talked to said they are exactly the same but they now come with the shoulder strap. :)

Oh, it's the same price too, $29.50. I told the guy that I was planning to exchange the one I had & he even gave me free shipping. I really love their customer service!

geochick
06-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Thanks. I just ordered red. I am so happy.

Emmas Mom
06-20-2004, 04:04 PM
I ordered the red too! :) Although I like the deep claret color & was tempted to get that one also!! lol

newmomto1
06-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Do you know if the new bags have just one shoulder strap or two?? (I personally prefer one strap) I haven't seen one of these bags IRL. Can it be worn messenger style?? Can it attach to a P3?? Would you be able to post some pics when you get it??
TIA!! :-)

Emmas Mom
06-21-2004, 06:31 PM
I will post pics once I get it (they said it already shipped), and let you know if I can wear it messenger style & if it can be attached to a P3 (I have the metallica so hopefully it'll match well). :)

geochick
06-23-2004, 01:05 PM
My new LE DIA with the long straps is here. There are two straps and they are not removable. They can be attached together at the top to create "one" strap. The bag is identical to my old updated DIA bag (except it's a slightly different shade of red and the interior mesh pockets are light blue instead of black). My husband is thin and 6'1" tall - he can wear the bag messenger style. We have the 2004 Zippy and the bag is still too big for the basket. I will either have to drape the bag over the handle or carry my Little Tripper (my favorite every-day bag).

Here's a side-by-side shot of the old and the new Updated DIA. I hope this helps.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8163.jpg

Emmas Mom
06-23-2004, 01:16 PM
Mine's coming today! :) I'm wondering how it's going to "feel" with the two straps. Still, I love this bag.

I'll check it out on my P3 & let you know.

newmomto1
06-23-2004, 01:54 PM
That looks like a nice bag! I am anxious to see how it will work with a P3!!

Emmas Mom
06-24-2004, 12:56 AM
Ok, I love it! The shoulder straps make it SO much easier to wear. I took a couple pictures of it on my P3, plus one with the Updated LT for comparison. It fit fine for me. You could even shorten the straps if you wanted to raise it up a bit too. Sorry, the "model" was being a ham today. I think she got excited to see her stroller out. Like I was going to take her for a walk in 105 degree weather...sorry baby! Anyway, hope that helps. If you need any other angles, let me know. I love using my digital camera! :D

newmomto1
06-24-2004, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the great pics!
You're "model" is a cutie!
Looks nice...I might have to think about getting one of those :-)

adair
06-24-2004, 02:53 PM
I just went to the LE NQP store by my work yesterday. I really liked the updated DIA, but all of the NQP's are monogrammed with someone elses name and that shoulder strap is a must have. I'm glad to see they're finally coming out with one. Did anyone have a hard time ordering the longer strap version? I just did a live chat a couple days ago and the CS rep didn't mention anything about the new one.

geochick
06-24-2004, 04:04 PM
When I ordered mine over the phone the LE rep couldn't find the bag until I gave him the order number - then there was no trouble. The number is 97452D10.

Emmas Mom
06-24-2004, 04:13 PM
I guess they don't have it listed either unless you give them the item number. Then they can pull it up. I got mine in 3 days, so once they *find* it, they're shipping is great! :)

lbfoody
06-24-2004, 05:58 PM
My Sears actually had the new version with the longer shoulder straps. They also had the black small and large tote bags. If you want to see the bag IRL, you may want to check your Sears.

Emmas Mom
06-25-2004, 12:02 AM
You're lucky. Mine didn't have them. But they are taking back my old version for me! :)