PDA

View Full Version : Would the Alpha 7 work for short errands with a newborn?

helaina
06-23-2004, 12:49 PM
My baby is due around Thanksgiving. I don't plan on leaving the house that often this winter except to go to the grocery store or the pediatrician. I've been told the Alpha 7 isn't big enough for a newborn, but I'm wondering if it would be enough for me to use for these short errands? I'd get a bigger diaper bag for the longer trips to the mall, etc.

robmab719
06-23-2004, 01:16 PM
I beg to differ. I think the Alpha 7 would be perfectly fine for a newborn. There was a recent post describing what you can fit into an Alpha 7 and it was a TON of stuff! Plus, having seen both bags IRL, there's really not a HUGE size difference. The Alpha 7 is not as wide as the Mothership, but it's the same depth and almost as tall.

I have a Mothership that I use for long trips and short trips (mostly because I really like it), but I think the Alpha 7 would work just as well. I have yet to truly fill the Mothership "full." If you had two children in diapers, I'd say you probably need the extra size with the Mothership. But for just one newborn, the Alpha 7 should work fine.

If you are truly looking for a bag to use for really short trips (like grocery store, etc.), you may want to consider a Skip Hop. It's a perfect grocery store bag because you can clip it right onto the cart handles. And you can also wear it messenger style because the strap is really long.

ETA link to earlier post about Alpha 7 capacity: http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=63&topic_id=9086&mode=full&page=