PDA

View Full Version : Skip Hop Bag on Ebay???

mom2bes
06-26-2004, 01:20 AM
I saw the Skip Hop on ebay too. I am not an "ebayer". Was wondering if anyone here has purchased a bag off ebay before, how much would you bid for it??
TIA!

JElaineB
06-26-2004, 09:35 AM
Well, generally your best bet on ebay in general is to bid the maximum price you are willing to pay for the item (don't forget shipping is extra) late in the auction. For myself I don't like to buy NWT items off ebay unless I can save at least 15% off retail (or more) unless the item is impossible to find at retail. Otherwise it is not worth the risk of not being able to return it (to me).

For the particular bag mentioned in the other post, I bet it will go for pretty close to retail since it is NWT. I don't like the fact that it is a reserve auction because you don't really know what to bid on this item. She could have the reserve set at $50 for example, which would only be $6 less than retail (and shipping is about the same at from the Skip Hop website) and any bid below that basically do not count.

I don't want to compete with another BBBer, so if you really want this particular bag let me know and I'll wait for the next one to come along (which I will probably do anyway).

Edited to add link to the auction we are talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15558&item=4309553155&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

mom2bes
06-26-2004, 10:40 AM
I am not going to try for this particular bag.
I have never seen a Skip Hop bag IRL.
One of the other moms in my playgroup is going to bring hers when we meet next week so I can see what it's like. I know I will kick myself if I decide I still want one & this one goes at a good price since I know if I get one I want either black or charcoal! But, I think I should see one first to make sure I like it.
I appreciate the fact that you didn't want to "compete" with me though...thanks!! :-)