* 6 tall pockets - * all elastic *
* hard bottom - metal feet
* vinyl lining
* vinyl lined changing pad - Nova Check
* 2 silver key clips - one on each side of the bag
* silver strap hooks
* all black straps

http://www.adoptionannouncements.com/ebay/diaperburberry.jpg

This is a nice, sturdy bag. The new interfacing really makes a huge difference. NOT FLOPPY!

There is SO much room in this bag.

There are actually TWO formula dispensers in the one pocket - YEAH! We need two, one to carry formula and one to carry cereal, because of Autumn's reflux. Those things were always in the way, and this really keeps them contained nicely. My cell phone is in one pocket, but you can barely see it becaues these are really TALL pockets. Check out the wipes case to get an idea of how tall the pockets are. I have keys on one key hook and a pacifier on the other. Very convenient.

There is a ton more room. I could fit an outfit, a blanket, and even a bulky KKAFP in there and still have room.

Really, this is my ideal bag. Make sure that you check out the Yahoo group babybags, because my collection will soon be for sale! :)

masetane
06-26-2004, 04:28 PM
very nice - I really like the link closure and the 2 key finders on either side. Now why did I never think to hook on a pacifier!!?!? I have so much to learn! caroline

lmariana
06-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Oh my goodness, those are some gorgeous bags!!! So sharp looking, absolutely gorgeous. I love the red lining and the fancy closures/silver accents. Enjoy your beauties!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

LD92599
06-26-2004, 05:40 PM
I love both but the Nova tote is gorgeous!!! Have fun!!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

jasabo
06-26-2004, 07:47 PM
Wow!! Gina, those bags are amazing!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the red and black. And I REALLY love the silver strap hooks, and also the hook to fasten the bag. And I like the size of the straps too - the thin straps make it very chic looking :) I think I'll be visiting the Ella site again - looks like they've made some really nice changes since I got my last bag from them.

Enjoy your bags!
Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys

MichelleRC
06-26-2004, 08:43 PM
What great looking bags! You are going to get lots of compliments on then. I am intrigued by the vinyl interior-- love the practicality of that. I am off to the ella website now!

Michelle

parkersmama
06-27-2004, 12:01 AM
Beautiful bags!! I especially love the black & red one! The vinyl looks really cool...definitely worth checking out!

lmladuke
06-27-2004, 02:31 PM
They're both really pretty! I have a WW Nova backpack that I think Kim said was getting shipped this weekend (fingers crossed) so seeing your bag makes me want mine even more.

I really like the black and white combo with the red - its really striking. And I love silver closures (I'm a huge silver fan) Maybe I will have to check out their website again.

Has anyone ordered the ultimate diaper bag - I like the looks of that one too...

Enjoy your bags

Lori

workaholic
06-30-2004, 02:15 PM
You've got great taste, Gina.
Images of your bags will be online soon.
These are the ones we took in the store.
I'm glad you love them.
Aimee Larsen
Momma to Cooper
Crossing fingers for another...
Owner: Ella-Bags

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8503.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8506.jpg

supercalifragilous
06-30-2004, 03:09 PM
I LOVE that these bags have vinyl lining! Is it like the vinyl that covers the Mothership (not the cracking kind)? These linings look thick (like the Mothership exterior), like a second lining on top of the original red fabric instead of a fused vinyl lining (the kind that cracks & peels with time).

Can anyone who has purchased an Ella bag correct me on this?

Does anyone know if this is availble on WW bags or has anyone gotten this vinyl lining on a WW bag?

I remember a thread about this a short while ago - I'll do a search too.

tina-t
06-30-2004, 06:00 PM
Gina, both your bags look very classy.

ginamlee
06-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Aimee,

Thanks for the additional photos of my bags! I've saved them. LOL!

Tonight we were out and a teenage girl - maybe 17 or 18 years old - stopped me and said, "I just love your purse!" I told her it was a diaper bag and her jaw dropped. She said, "Well, I'D carry it as a purse any day!"

I laughed and told her that was kinda the whole idea. :) I was carrying the Geo Squares black/white/red one. :)

LOVE THESE BAGS!!! Thanks again, Aimee!

pritchettzoo
06-30-2004, 11:32 PM
Unless it's changed since March or so, it's NOT what is on the Mothership. I believe it to be an iron-on (because mine was full of holes and they said it could be set with an iron) coating the thickness of Contact Paper (for lack of anything else to compare it to). It creases very easily.

I would email Kim and ask if she has any sort of vinyl options. I checked when I got my first bag and she said no until something like the industrial vinyl of the Mothership type is available to the little people because of the cracking and peeling issue you're talking about. (That's not a quote--it's a paraphrase from a couple of months ago.) I think her website (www.whimsicalwears.com) has a contact email.

HTH!

Anna

luvtoshop
07-01-2004, 03:24 AM
Love your bags. I can't wait for the next coop. I will definitely buy a Lily bag and order all the extras like your bags. : )

vpalmer
07-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Gina,

I think you may have just sparked my diaper bag addiction. I didn't know I had one until I saw your new bags. I hope I can fund another addiction!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

Mommyto3
07-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Oh Myyyyyy!!! These bags are gorgeous!!! Do you think that there is enough space for things for a newborn and a 1 yr old??? 2 sizes of diapers, 2 changes of clothes, etc?? Thanks!!!

workaholic
07-02-2004, 11:01 PM
There is a new vinyl on the market that resists cracking and peeling. It is softer, shiny (not matte) and more pliable. It is adhered directly to fabric so you don't give up your color or pattern choices. Ask for samples before ordering.

Many diaper bag vendors use this material.

Aimee Larsen
Momma to Cooper
Crossing fingers for another...
Owner: Ella-Bags

Buzymommy5
07-02-2004, 11:28 PM
hi aimee...lovely bags :) are you using that new vinyl for your linings? also, if vinyl is requested on lining, is it also placed on backside of strap handles?

thanks
chris

ginamlee
07-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Yes, I do believe that you would have enough space in the Lily size bag. I am thrilled with both of my bags and am anxious to see any new fabrics. :)

mlewis
07-05-2004, 12:14 AM
Gina, these bags look really sharp!

SteelerFan
07-07-2004, 11:02 PM
How much was the total for your Lily bags with all the added stuff? My one friend that is pregnant wants a bag, too, and since the coop discount is for 2 she wants to buy one with me. The difference is that I want the Lily bag with the extras and she wants the Hannah bag (maybe) and I'm trying to figure out how the pricing works because I don't want her to have to pay for all my extras if the regular bag is just $75. I figured that I would just make my bag to her for $75 and whatever her amount is, do the reduction and then add my extras back on to my price after it's done. Did you buy yours through the coop?

Thanks so much!

Amy

SteelerFan
07-08-2004, 10:22 AM
just bumping....

Amy