PDA

View Full Version : Mothership vinyl/fabric question

masetane
06-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Got my denim mothership today in the mail and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. (Thank you, thank you + infinity to Michelle). I had only ever seen a Blue chocolate in real life and I just love the denim. The only thing I found interesting was the vinyl and denim fabric are 2 pieces and that the denim fabric underneath didn't seem as flat against the vinyl as I thought it should be. Probably straightens out once you put stuff in? So, just thought I would ask the question if this is how all the MOtherships are in other fabrics?? I wonder if I can put a slightly warm iron on the inside to flatten out the fabric or would that mess up the plastic? Maybe if on the warm/cool side and do it quick? Thanks everyone. Would never have found out about these bags or gotten on if it was not for this board! I'm hooked!
caroline

lmariana
06-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Yup, that's how all Motherships are! I'm not sure about the iron thing, I probably wouldn't risk it, personally. It will fill out some more, as you pack the bag though, if that helps!

Enjoy!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

masetane
06-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Yeah, the iron thing makes me nervous too. I think they should find a way to sort of fuse the 2 together but maybe there is a reason they are designed that way. Boy, I just love this bag!!!!!!!!! If I love this one this much, just wait until my Alpha 7 and Escape Pod arrive!!
caroline

masetane
06-26-2004, 06:45 PM
So you all can pull the fabric inches away from the vinyl? How do you fix it when it starts to look too "loose" under there then? It's just on the front flap that I feel like ironing - probably because it is the most flexible/used part of the bag?
caroline