PDA

View Full Version : SKIP HOP BY ITSELF?

Buzymommy5
06-27-2004, 06:15 PM
this may sound like a silly question, but wanted to know if you skip hoppers still bring your diaper purses with you while you have your skip hop attached to your strollers or is the skip hop enough by itself?

thanks
chris

lmariana
06-27-2004, 06:19 PM
Hi Chris,

I just take the Skip Hop by itself. If I'm going to be out all day or longer, I'll usually pack an extra bag for the car...incase of emergencies. You can fit a whole lot of stuff in a Skip Hop if you really want to, but I just pack it light and keep a complete arsenal of baby supplies in the car.

Hope this helps!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Buzymommy5
06-27-2004, 06:48 PM
thanks for that quick response mariana...after seeing your name on this message board for the last few weeks, somehow i knew i could depend on getting an answer from you :) appreciate the info! one last question...based on all the pretty diaper bags that you & many of the others have, why is there such a rave about the skip hop, being that it is sort of plain looking compared to all the nicer,ample looking bags you own?

aloha
chris

lmariana
06-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Hmmm, I think the allure of the Skip Hop is that you can snap it onto your stroller or shopping cart (my favorite feature) and be completely hands free and still have your stroller/cart basket space open. It's also a nicer price at $50.

On many strollers, you lose the access to your basket when the seat is reclined or have other stuff in there like winter jackets, shopping bags, etc. By placing the diaper bag on the handle bars, you free up that precious cargo space. The Skip Hop's design also keeps all the bag contents close at hand, so you don't have to go digging for anything. Since there is no messenger "flap" you don't have to go through a bunch of steps to get to what you urgently need, just reach in and it's there.

I still use my pretty bags a lot too. They're my choice for non-stroller outings for many reasons: larger capacity, stand up by themselves, pretty, etc. :) So basically, I think the Skip Hop wins for the "function" and not so much the "form." Although, they do have quite a few pretty colors to chose from!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

newmommah2004
06-28-2004, 02:03 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to put in my two cents. One reason I got the Skip Hop is because DH can also carry the bag and not be offended. It doesn't look like a diaper bag, more like a messenger bag.

My DD is 12 weeks now and have found that it can hold everything I need in there. During the winter months I'm not sure it could though. If I needed an extra outfit or an extra blanket, it would be pretty tight. The middle compartment is pretty slim. I do like that it doesn't have a flap and everything is easily accessible. If it had an insulated compartment I think it'd be great.

Hope this helps.
-Susana

Chelsey333
06-28-2004, 03:30 PM
I just take my Skip Hop out by itself. But I also have a bag in the car filled with some extras, just in case I need them. The reason the bag works so well for me is bec I never ever have to search for anything. It has so many pockets that I know exactly where every item is. I also like the fact that it hangs off of the stroller or carriage and can be worn messenger style comfortably.

amp
06-28-2004, 04:48 PM
I take the skip hop by itself, but I always have backup supplies in my car at all times, no matter what bag I carry.