PDA

View Full Version : Baby Sherpa diaper bag? Does anyone have this?

jendalymd
06-29-2004, 03:34 AM
Hi.
I am thinking about getting a Baby Sherpa diaper bag to add to my collection, mostly for DH to use, since he doesn't like being seen with my red Petunia Picklebottom. They retail for $89, but are on ebay for like $31. Are they good? Does anyone have one, like it, or hate it?

But, I am also waiting for the new Loom Bandicoot to come out, I like the backpack option, and it looks cuter than the Baby Sherpa, but, it is once again something that DH would rather not be seen with.
I already have a Coach mercer diaper bag that I don't use anymore...
What to do, what to do????

sbjf
06-29-2004, 08:24 AM
I have the Baby Sherpa and though we've only used it once (we packed it up with all the baby's stuff for the hospital when he was about to be born) it worked out very well. I like it alot but dh prefers the black freebie Similac bag that we got from the hospital.

I bought the Baby Sherpa because it seems like the perfect bag to take to amusement parks since it has the built in cooler section and video camera pouch.

I don't find it as big as others have though so I can see myself also using it when I start to need both hands free for outings.

I think if you can get it for under 50 it would be a smart purchase.

lmariana
06-29-2004, 08:32 AM
We have one too and it's been wonderful. It's our bag of choice for long, outdoor outings...like Disney, for example. In the younger stages, the cooler compartment was indispensable for keeping a full days worth of feedings cool. It was perfect!

I paid full price. :( So, if you can get it for cheap, go for it!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

stillplayswithbarbies
06-29-2004, 12:18 PM
I have one but I have not used it yet. It is too big for everyday, but I plan to use it for all day outings to amusement parks and such. I'm going on a plane trip for a weekend and I plan to use it then.

I got mine when The Right Start had them on clearance. (probably where all the eBay ones came from too, although if they are selling at $31 they are taking a loss)

For that price I would snatch one up to keep for when you need it.

A good size backpack that dads wouldn't mind carrying is the Kelty Kids Diaper Daypack. It's just the right size for everyday and still comfy as a backpack. You can carry it with the shoulder strap, the handles, or as a backpack.

http://store.yahoo.com/kidsurplus/bgkdd.html

It also comes in black. This was my main bag until I discovered Whimsical Wears. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03