PDA

View Full Version : Those who bought an Escape Pod....

Chelsey333
06-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Are you happy with your purchase? Do you feel that you "needed" it? Or is it just sitting in the closet not getting used? Does it fit in your day to day diaper bag? I really really want one. But I am trying to be good. But I guess if I am posting this message I am tempting myself to just buy it. Online shopping is really making me weak, it is just too easy to buy!

jk3
06-29-2004, 12:49 PM
I use mine all of the time. If we are going to the park or for a walk, I stick it in my Maclaren basket + that's all I need. If we are going out for a longer outing, it fits into my 2 day to day bags. I held off for some time but I'm glad I made this purchase.

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

robmab719
06-29-2004, 01:05 PM
I had one and returned it. The design was not functional to me. I didn't like the fact that the zippers on the inside pockets were at the bottom of the bag, so you had to completely unzip the bag open and lay it flat to get into those inner pockets. At the time, my DD wasn't even sitting up by herself, so having two hands to zip and unzip was just not going to happen. And even now, I rarely have two hands free to deal with zippers.

I also didn't love the fact that the straps aren't long enough to go over your shoulder. It's not like I wanted to wear it messenger style, but it would be nice if they were slightly longer so I didn't have to either be holding it in my hands or fumbling with it on my forearm.

Maybe when DD is a little older, it will make more sense for me. But for now, I couldn't see myself using it.

Erika600
06-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Well, I can't help talk you out of it, because I LOVE mine! I just got it last week, but it has become my everyday bag, as well as my purse. I love it so much that I just *had* to order a matching Alpha 7 and wrist bag though...so be careful! Really though, I have an 18 month old DS and it holds exactly the amount of stuff I need for him (and myself). Hope this helps! :)

lmariana
06-29-2004, 01:32 PM
I have mine with me everyday. I keep one stocked in my stroller basket, so if I'm going to the mall, into a restaurant, or something...all I need is my wrist bag. It's so seldom that I ever need anything while we're out...usually just Cheerios and a pacifier.

I can't say it's something that I "needed", but I love the small size and good organization. Very handy dandy!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

holliam
06-29-2004, 02:17 PM
I've been trying to re-sell mine since I got it! I love the size and organization but the vinyl PVC totally wigs me out. I can't stand the fabric at all!

If you want Purple swirl with matching wrist bag, let me know. :) Mine was not used at all.. tags cut off but I think I still have the tags!

Holli

Chelsey333
06-30-2004, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the info, but unfortunately my heart is set on the blue chocolate to match my mothership. If only you had the blue choc! Thanks! Still deciding...I know I don't need it, but it is so cute.