PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone post a review of a Talene Reilly bag?

lmariana
06-29-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm really curious about this bag, and would love to see some real life pictures of it and get some user feedback. I think I remember someone on this board having one...

I have a birthday next week, so I'm trying to decide what I want. :) Yay!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

AvasMama
06-29-2004, 04:09 PM
I have one. It's the chocolate with pink leather trim. I will try to post some pics and a review later tonight!

Robyn & Ava

parkersmama
06-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Robyn, did you get it somewhere in B'ham? I was wondering if I could check them out the next time I'm over that way!

AvasMama
06-29-2004, 05:37 PM
No, I bought it online at Baby Oliver. But I will be happy to let you look at mine if we get a chance to meet up sometime :)

Robyn & Ava

AvasMama
06-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Ok, here are some pics. I really like this bag. It is stylish and doesn't look at all like a diaper bag. The outside is a chocolate Teflon-coated fabric. I thought the Teflon-coating would be slick like a vinyl or microfiber, but it isn't. The fabric is more substantial than a simple cotton, but not as heavy as a canvas if that helps. The trim and handles are a soft pink leather -- very good quality and very pretty!

The interior is a bright, fun pink bubble print vinyl. I love this -- it is what really sold me on the bag. There is one long pocket on one side and two smaller pockets, a pen pocket and a key clip on the other side. There are also two elastic bottle pockets on the outside. The changing pad is nice and thick -- it is the same as the interior -- and it has very soft padding.

I use it mainly as my work bag -- that vinyl interior comes in handy when I'm transporting milk and pump parts! On a daily basis, I carry the matching clutch (LOVE this -- got it separately at talenereilly.com), a small cooler for the milk, a large ziploc bag with pump parts, and various work stuff, which for me is mainly magazines. I can fit quite a few in there.

In the pics, I packed it with some of Ava's stuff. It comfortably fits the changing pad, my clutch, several diapers, wipes, a blanket, some clothes, and a toy with plenty of room to spare. It's a good small- to medium-size bag -- I took a pic of it next to my two LE totes so you can see the size a little better.

Let me know if you have other questions! And happy birthday! It would make a great b-day gift :)

Robyn & Ava

pic 1: bag
pic 2: bag w/LE totes
pic 3: interior, empty
pic 4: bag w/changing pad and clutch
pic 5: interior, packed
pic 6: bag with cute baby

lmariana
06-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Your baby is the cutest!!!!! Oh my goodness! You should totally send that picture in to Talene Reilly. It's so adorable!

Thank you so much for the awesome review! It is an absolutely adorable bag, and I love that lining. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Gayletmomto4
06-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Great pics! That is a beautiful bag and an adorable baby, too!

One question: how well does the bag stay on your shoulder? I have a problem with totes in which one strap falls off my shoulder or, when I am really packed, the straps dig in. How do the straps feel?

Thanks for the pics and the info.

ginamlee
06-29-2004, 11:38 PM
A cute baby in her Baby Lulu, no less! ;) (Love, love, love, love, LOVE Baby Lulu stuff!!!)

AvasMama
06-30-2004, 03:41 PM
The straps stay on my shoulder really well -- much better than the shorter ones on my LE totes! Even when it's stuffed, I haven't had any problems with the straps staying on or digging in. The leather is really soft and flexible, so I think that helps.

Robyn & Ava

AvasMama
06-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Ava says thanks! Glad I could help out!

Robyn & Ava

AvasMama
06-30-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks! Yes, Ava and I are total Baby Lulu junkies. She has TONS of it for this summer. I find lots of great deals on NWT stuff on eBay :)

Robyn & Ava